“Poor Service”

Ranked #186 of 5,438 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 18 - USD 43
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Jellyfish we aim to source and serve daily a school of 8 to 14 species of fish, to learn about and understand the textures and specific qualities of each species so we can then recommend the best way to cook and serve it. Our chefs create sauces, batters and crumbs as well as an extensive range of side dishes that perfectly compliment the meal. Absolute riverfront, this is arguably the best located restaurant in Brisbane enjoying striking views of the river and the Story Bridge. The décor is fresh and bright with the lines between indoors and out delightfully blurred.We offer a superior wine list of boutique, eclectic and lesser known vineyards as well as firm favourites from the new and old world. Service in the restaurant, the 35-seat Private Dining Room and in our newly expanded bar is always gracious, friendly and relaxed.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife & I thought we would eat here after seeing the location & menu. We knew it would be expensive for us but thought we would treat ourselves.
When we asked if we could sit at the front we were told that it was fully booked so we would have to sit inside further. What a load of hogwash that was. Whilst we were there 6pm - 8pm there was always at least 3 tables free at the front. We are from interstate so thought the view would be good.
The service from the waiter was appalling. Maybe the way we dressed as really casual made him pre judge us?
The food was nice but I am sure I could get the same food elsewhere with someone who cares about their customers more.
I had to keep raising my hand to get served and the restaurant wasn't packed out like they portrayed to us when looking for a table.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 10 December 2018

I've been to this place a few times in the past and the food has always been great although a bit expensive but you pay for quality and good service. This time I was entertaining a Professor from the US and wanted to impress him so I suggested the Jellyfish. I wasn't in the mood for Fish so I ordered the Pork Belly and french fries. The meals came out in less than 10 minutes so that suggests that it was pre cooked. My pork
Belly (small piece) came minus the fries served on a bed of mushed beetroot and not cooked very well at all. The crackling was not crispy enough and one would have to use a saw to separate it from the meat and well!!!!, the meat was like rubber so I didn't eat ay of it at all. The waiter called Sam didn't come back to see if we were fine or wanted anything else so I starve for the night. When Sam eventually came to collect the dishes I told him about the awfully cooked Pork Belly and my missing fries. He didn't show any concern nor did he offer me an alternate meal and while sulking replied that he would follow up on the fries. Too late Jack!!! He looked like he swallowed a lemon for breakfast and shouldn't have been there. He later came back to me and said that he spoke to the chef and that's how the Chef cooks it. Perhaps the chef needs lessons from Alan Stein or go and work with Sam in a Food Hall. Perhaps it was my fault for asking for Pork in Seafood Restaurant. My American guest was horrified at the poor service and attitude although he did give Sam a generous tip (The American Way)

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

Jellyfish came highly recommended and didn’t disappoint. The whole fried Moses Perch (boneless) was one of the best fish meals I’ve ever had. As someone who wouldn’t normally order a fish main, I’d certainly come here for my ‘fish fix’ next time in Brisbane. A nice menu with lots of other options and well priced / value for money given the location and reputation.
Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 29 November 2018 via mobile

Jellyfish has a good menu of local, Northern Territory and New Zealand seafood. Located by riverside with city and Story Bridge lights in the background it has a welcoming open air feel with great views. I enjoyed the NT barramundi , and another ordered swordfish from the sunshine coast. Two others ordered chicken and beef dishes and we all shared sides of steamed greens. Everyone enjoyed their choices. Serving staff were attentive and helpful. A great place for taking OS guests.

Reviewed 28 November 2018

The other night we went as a faily of 3 to dine at Jellyfish. The staff were warm, welcoming and hospitable. Our little girl was treated with as much respect as we were which really made her evening.
The food was delicious, especially the popcorn shrimp, have not tasted any thing like it before, so moreish. We also had the scallops and the roast chicken with mashed potato, which was equally wonderful. The three of us really enjoyed our meal. Thank you Jellyfish for the beautiful food and for the amazing service.

1  Thank Lovetoeatfancy
BoutiqueVenues, Guest Relations Manager at Jellyfish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Hi Lovetoeatfancy, firstly great name. Secondly, thank you for the great feedback and review of your recent dining experience with us. We hope to see you and your family dining with us again very soon.