Hope Manor
USD 144
Ovolo Inchcolm(Brisbane)
USD 153
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
USD 125
USD 100
Hotels.com
USD 165
USD 138
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
USD 131
USD 96
HotelJen.com
USD 75
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 105/night.

Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 81
USD 68
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This is the first time in my life that I change a hotel/B&B after the first night!
I planned 5 nights in Brisbane with my family (wife and 4 years old daughter) and we found this charming house not so far from Brisbane CBD. We like traveling finding accomodation in small B&B where is easier to enter in contact with locals and taste the usual friendlyness of a family owned small B&B. From the web we discovered and liked the wooden architecture of the building of this B&B, so I contacted it via email and I booked by email asking also a service that the owner provided: the pick-up from Brisbane airport for 25AU$ one way. The room (very beautiful attic) costed 100AU$ or 130AU$ with cooked breakfast. I confirmed via email we preferred the cooked breakfast.
So we arrived at the airport, but nobody was there waiting for us. Ok, in Brisbane airport it seems there is a different way of picking up people from the rest of the world, and a misunderstanding is possible. So I called the B&B with my foreign mobile: first number answered me he was not in business and gave me a second number. At the second number a maiden answered me that a person was waiting for us in the parking. So I kindly asked if she contacted the driver and told her where we were, I'm not familiar with Brisbane airport car parking. Later I called again the maiden to know the situation, but unfortunately the maiden was not able to reach the driver on the mobile. I told her we would have taken a taxi. When we arrived (55$ for the taxi) the owner told us in aggressive way that she waited for us for half an hour (me too...)! When she saw we where not english mothertongue and we didn't fully catch her vent she cut the conversation snorting.
I asked at what time the cooked breakfast the next day, but she answered that I had never asked her for a cooked breakfast (not true, I have the email that prove it) and anyway her daugher were sick so she didn't have time to do it the next morning.
I'm a peaceful person and I don't like contrasts. We also where tired and it was late evening. So I didn't questioned and we went to bed.
Unfortunately the amazing attic had some windows that couldn't close very well (it is an historical restored building) and the air conditioning didn't work in hot mode. The son tried to make it work but no way. We went to sleep with all the available blanket and also some sweater of ours and it was the coldest night of our holiday in Australia (in august it's winter there). The next morning I asked the owner a wifi connection (she gave me access for free), I found another accomodation, I paid the night and I went away.
At Hope Manor B&B in Brisbane the owner really doesn't know how business runs in tourism. It seems she want to round with a patched up activity hoping some unpretentious guest brings her some money without asking any service. She doesn't know what cordiality is.
This is a pity because the location is amazing, cheap and convenient. She should think different to manage the activity. She doens't know that some modesty and kindness can make easier to forgive the mistakes.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family