“Ripples day spa”

Ripple Brisbane Massage Day Spa And Beauty
Ranked #9 of 126 Spas & Wellness in Brisbane
More attraction details
Owner description: Brisbane Massage with professional, accredited massage therapists and beauticians. Choose from many styles including hot stone massage, corporate massage, pregnancy massage, remedial massage or a relaxation massage. Complimentary facials, reflexology and body exfoliation in every spa package. Perfect for pamper parties, girls weekends and getaways, hens party and large group bookings. Couples massage with two therapists, same day bookings in as little as an hour. Mobile massage Brisbane for in home massage and spa treatments all Brisbane and suburbs. Free gift on inquiry, operating since 2005, Ripple brings the day spa to you.
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Hi
My husband gave me a 3 hour voucher for my 50th birthday.
Leesha from ripples day spa came to my home and I had a wonderful body scrub, massage, foot soak, facial and Indian head massage. Leesha was very professional and the whole package was fantastic. I thoroughly recommend ripples day spa for anyone wanting a relaxing beneficial massage.

AliSaoirse, Owner at Ripple Brisbane Massage Day Spa And Beauty, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thanks so much for your review and so glad you enjoyed your treatment! Ali

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing, I've recently had a baby and was in desperate need of a massage. Zoe was so accommodating, she made sure I was comfortable and was extremely profession would definitely go through ripple massages again, she did a very thorough job after I told her my concerned areas she made sure to focus on those problem areas :)

1  Thank Katie N
AliSaoirse, Owner at Ripple Brisbane Massage Day Spa And Beauty, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks so much for your review and we are so happy you enjoyed your pregnancy massage with us! Ali from Ripple Massage

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I received a gift voucher for a pregnancy. The service was very professional. The massage was very relaxing, they do not have a special pregnancy massage table, but they had pillows and I just lay on my side. I would recommend.

RippleMassage, Owner at Ripple Brisbane Massage Day Spa And Beauty, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time .. Ali :-)

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I bought a gift voucher and opted to have it sent to my address at checkout. It was a birthday gift and 7 days later it hasn't arrived. I emailed to enquire and was told that it was sent for sure, but another one was sent as well, just in case. Another 7 days passed, nothing arrived. Neither the original one, nor the one sent just in case. Birthday was now already over as well, not the best experience at all. I actually paid a little extra at checkout to have it delivered and was forced to print it out myself in the end. When I finally asked for it to be emailed so I can print it out myself, I received the voucher in the email without a single word. No apology, no offer to refund the extra money I paid for mailing, nothing. Just the voucher. Now, I call that a very poor customer service indeed.

3  Thank GorgecZ
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2017

My mother bought me an express manicure and 30 min massage as a pre-wedding present. I booked directly with Ripple & informed them it was in preparation for my wedding day, which was the day after the appointment. In confirming the booking by email, Ripple noted it was for my wedding.

I have no complaints about the massage or the therapist (Kim) but unfortunately the same cannot be said about the express manicur for $60.

The therapist arrived with an eclectic collection of nail polishes which weren't at all suitable for a bride (ie dark and glittery). The nail polishes were all cheap nail polishes (most were the 'Sinful' brand which is sold for a couple of dollars). One actually had a $1 price tag from Kmart which Kim removed and commented "you don't need to see how much I paid". There were no nude/natural or pastel nail polishes which you would assume would be brought for a bride-to-be. I asked if I could have a french manicure but was told I should have mentioned this at the time of booking. In the end I reluctantly chose a yellow based nail polish as it was the most 'neutral'.

The manicure itself was very amateurish, performed with cheap supermarket products whilst I was lying down on the massage bed with the lights dimmed. The end result was very unsatisfactory - the polish had dints in it and did not look 'polished' at all. You would not know I had my nails done. My mum also unfortunately had the same experience.

Kim was aware I wasn't happy but I felt bad asking her to redo it when it was a present from my Mum. I also didn't want to get upset before my wedding.

On my wedding day I was still really unhappy and upset with my nails. I rung Ripple and was told my feedback would be passed on and the Manager would call me. My bridesmaid arranged her partner to go out to buy nail polish so she could redo my nails in a more suitable colour & so it wouldn't look so poorly done.

The manager never did return my call so I sent an email explaining what happened and asking for a refund of the manicure (but not the massage as I believe that was a fair service for the price paid).

The owner, Ali Saorise, sent a reply to say they 'delivered far more than we promised' and told me a gift box was sent to me (which I never did receive) and informed me it was my incorrect booking choice! She had very poor customer service and couldn't be bothered to listen to me express my concerns.

For a business that advertises itself as offering 'luxurious', 'professional' sevices, I strongly advise you not to book their manicure. It is an absolute waste of money. I was told by Ali that they could have used a nail polish that I had chosen (ie brought with me). My response was that there is no statement on their website stating that you should discuss nail colour preference when booking. I appreciate mobile therapists carry a limited range but I wouldn't have thought to explain that I wanted a nude/pastel colour as a bride!!! If this is their practice then they should be advising clients at the time of booking.

In all, the manicure was a waste of money. Ripple Massage have lost a client in me. I do not recommend them.

2  Thank Lisa A
RippleMassage, Owner at Ripple Brisbane Massage Day Spa And Beauty, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Hi Lisa, Many thanks for your review and I am not sure what else we could have done to make you happy.

As noted when your Mum booked for you, the express manicure is a quick nail buff, clean up and polish, perhaps not suitable for a bride for her wedding day. If we had known at time of booking that it was for your wedding and you were unaware your Mum was booking it for you, we would have recommended something else.

Yes as a mobile service we do carry a limited range of polishes. If you wanted wide range of polishes then perhaps a nail salon would have been a better choice for your Mum to book. Many brides however do book a handspa with us and choose to have a polish colour that matches their dresses or other wedding colour. Again I feel the issue is that you were unaware of what your Mum was booking for you.

Kim spent over two and a half hours (instead of the one hour you booked) trying to make you happy. We are sorry that in spite of her being a highly experienced therapist and spending so much time (most of it on her own time) we could not make you happy.

It is untrue that she had cheap nail polishes with her. This was only mentioned when you asked for a full refund of both the massage and manicure (not just the manicure) and abused both me and my staff on the phone. Threatening to "damage your reputation unless you give me a full refund" I feel was unwarranted.

Your phone calls were returned (both my staff and I were at the receiving end of your aggressive calls) and the tracking code with Australia Post shows that the gift box that we sent to you was delivered to the address you supplied.

We understand that weddings can be stressful and go out of our way to ensure our clients have a great experience. I am sorry that we were unable to do this for you. From talking to Kim, our office staff and my personal experience with you on the phone, I feel that nothing we could have done would have made you happy.

Ali