“Great location poor service”
Review of The Cliffs Cafe

The Cliffs Cafe
Ranked #764 of 5,185 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Have had 2 bad experiences at this cafe. 1st time were told we had to wait 30 mins because they were changing from breakfast to lunch menu( that turned out to be an hour) so we left. 2nd visit were told we should not have found our own table we had to wait at the counter. We left, won’t be going back. Whoever owns this place doesn’t know the meaning of ‘hospitality’ one star is for the view!

1  Thank lmcmillan42

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We like bringing visitors here, as you get a great (different) view of the city, as well as a lovely breakfast.
Make sure you come early, for two reasons.
To get a car parking space and also, on the weekends, a lot of people are here to do their fitness, so also to get a table. It can be very busy!
Once you're settled, the food is lovely but the views are better. If you're lucky you may even see a 'local', some of the local lizards. Harmless but give you a fright if they wander under your table with out you knowing!!!!
It's worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I attended a private function for a large group on a Saturday. The view over Brisbane city is amazing, and it was made better by the great service and food. We had our own area with plenty of room, and there were still tables set up for other diners. The cafe is under new management and Sam really looked after us.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

To be honest....the only reason it gets 2 out of 5 is because of the view and I can get that elsewhere.

Not only did they bring my coffee and forget the rest of the order (another coffee and 2 açai bowls) but I also got told that flat whites are the same as lattes except one is served in a glass (I’m a barista, I should have listened to my alarm bells then) and laughed at when asking if there were vegan options......there aren’t any by the way

I had to chase up the second coffee 25 mins after mine came out. Then nothing for another 15 mins. I went back to find out where the açai bowls were for blank faces.

I’m gutted this wasn’t the place I had always hoped it would be. The açai bowl was sloppy and mush of something and the coffees were tepid, if that.

Go somewhere else for the view, because even on a quiet morning at 730am this place does not deserve your custom “just for the view”

1  Thank Sara D
Reviewed 18 January 2018

The setting is awesome overlooking Brisbane river and city. Coffee was good and cannoli delicious. Not a comfortable cafe on a very hot day though as open setting.