“Noisy, dated, basic, NOT RECOMMENDED!!”

Brisbane Airport Inn
Ranked #57 of 62 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Damn, wish i had read the reviews first!!! What a noisy crappy place. An unattended desk means the drunk dude down the hall can smoke all night and swear and bang doors. Would have complained to the manager but from what I can see the drunk guy IS the manager!!! Sharing bathrooms and basic rooms would be okay considering the price ($100) if you could actually sleep. and as others have said, dont know where they got the photos!! photoshop???

Room Tip: Pay a bit more, go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Leslie W

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I booked theis hotel because it was close to the airport. It was clean but the noise from the Managers room was unbelievable and continued all night. Headbanging music and constant talking, banging of doors as visitors came and went.
The bathroom for my room adjoined his and the lock was not on my side. No phone available in my room, no internet. Other visitors I spoke to next morning had the same comments to make as I had. Definately a place to be avoided.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Ignore the images from the website, I am not too sure where they're from, but it's certainly not the Airport Inn! They're a complete misrepresentation of the room you'll actually stay in, or at least the one that I did.

The room was basic but quite roomy and comfortable (nice sofa, seperate bedroom) and pretty clean, though the stairwell left a little to be desired in the grime stakes. Although I was given a password for the wifi service, signal strength was laughable and when I could connect, speed was abysmal.

However, again, my biggest beef for this motel, like many in the "Airport Strip" is that it is ridicuously overpriced for what is at best, a three star motel. $130 so I don't have to share a toilet with a stranger? There are far better options for cheap, clean and convinient Hamilton motels than this.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had to stay here one night before flying out of Brisbane.

When we first arrived we were horrified, the place looked nothing like the pictures, it was run down and disgusting. Walls were paper thin, could hear a couple next to us having sex and coughing and spluttering. We were given a room right next to the counter and could constantly hear people coming in and out of the motel.

The website deceptively says complimentary shuttle, then in the fine print it says its only complimentary to the wharf, not the airport.

I asked the lady at the counter to book us in for the shuttle to the airport and she gave me a little ticket for it with the time to be outside waiting, when we went outside the next morning the shuttle pulled up and was already full and the guy said nobody had booked us in.

Internet didn't work, when I asked at reception about it the lady barely spoke English and muttered something about knowing it was down but she didn't know how to fix it. I restarted the router and after that it was fine for a few hours, then crashed again.

If you have a few hours to kill and want to do something during the day, good luck catching a bus or walking. The place is miles from anywhere and the bus only comes on that road during the morning and evening.

Overall a terrible place to stay, I'm sure I could think of many more things wrong with this place but now I'm going to try and find a way to get my money back. The website was incredibly misleading for this hotel. I guess you get what you paid for, it was the cheapest on the list at Expedia.

Room Tip: Try not to get the shared bathroom deal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

We trusted wotif and at $155 for a night in a brothel, no refund for VERY unhappy customers. Rooms are old, very noisy, shared crap facilities, not worth putting a dog in. Trust me, you do not want to book this and beware of wotif.

• Stayed: May 2012