“Lazy Sunday Breakfast...”

Kennigo Social House
Ranked #16 of 5,109 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 5 - USD 26
Description: Housed in a beautifully restored 1885 Queenslander, once a "house for respectable gentlemen" this Spring Hill restaurant and courtyard bar is all about using locally sourced produce and allowing the quality of our produce to speak for itself.
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

A cute, quiet little gem tucked away on a street between Spring Hill and the Valley. I liked the decor of bare brick walls combined with nicely set tables and the Sunday morning sun streaming through the front window. Had a lovely breakfast with my friend, only wish I could have stayed a little longer. I enjoyed the Eggs Benedict; particularly Irene's hollandaise which was of a beautiful consistency. I liked the touch of bringing over a small shot size glass of the juice special of the day before we ordered. If I hadn't needed a caffeine kick I would have definitely had one! I'd like to return to try the salmon on the breakfast menu! :)

Almccarthy, Manager at Kennigo Social House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Rebecca

Thank you for your kind words! You can always come back and try our brekky Salmon, we are open 7 days for breakfast so you won't miss out!( it is delicious!)
Sunday breakfast is for being lazy and soaking up that lovely winter sun.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This is a true gem, great food, wine and service.
Kennigo’s is part of Mantra Richmont Hotel, another hidden treasure in the heart of Brissy.
Walk to whatever takes your fancy, Chinatown, the Valley, Queen st Mall and more or chill out right here.

Hi Clayton

Thank you for such a awesome review! We love when people discover us and so happy you enjoyed your night with us!
Stop by again to try our new winter menu!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Looking for an early weekend breakfast, as we were exhibiting at the Brisbane Model Train Show, and we came across the beautifully restored Kennigo Social House.We had such a good breakfast and coffee with great service on Saturday morning that we had to return again on Sunday morning for a repeat performance and we weren't disappointed.

HI Grant

Thanks for the great review! We love breakfast on our deck in the morning and think its the right way to start your day on the weekend!
I hope you tried some of our different menu items on the Sunday as well!

We look forward to seeing you again when next in our neck of the woods!

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

They didn't have the grilled pork that night, so he comes back with, "the chef is happy to do a pork belly instead " :) sensational. Proper pinot noir from the yarra valley. Brekky was great too- pulled ham with delicious poached eggs on my Benedict. Well done all around

HI Julie

Sounds like you enjoyed our substitution! Who doesn't enjoy a good Yarra Pinot with some pork? (that's why I have 2 on our wine list!)

Thank you for your fantastic feedback and we will look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The dinner and the service were outstanding. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the duck and creme brule special of the day. The rib filet was as good as I barbecue a steak back home and Stephen's Pancetta wrapped onion was to die for!

Almccarthy, Manager at Kennigo Social House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your great review!
Wow, tough competition and we drew even! that's high praise!
Steven and his team put a lot of love, care and attention into all their dishes will be humbled by your praise.
We are so happy to be a part of your wonderful vacation and hope that we sent you home on a high!