We arrived on a Friday night having made a booking for two nights. The receptionist, Bec, was lovely and we enquired about the possibility of staying longer if necessary and were advised that this was possible. The one bedroom apartment would have been good value for money if there were not so many issues. The front door was difficult to secure and even then not always possible. There were big yellow stains on the towels on arrival. The bedside lamp switch was faulty so the lamp flickered on and off. There was a large rip on one of the dining room chairs. The shelf in the shower was broken. The light fitting in the bathroom was missing its cover. The blinds in the bedroom would only open about halfway up or so, not sure if this is how they were meant to be. Toilet flush mechanism stays stuck down. TV antennae wall socket broken. Iron base very dirty as were the windows. The car park is a challenge if you have a big vehicle and were advised to use the visitor parking, however this was often full and also appeared to be being used by people who had nothing to do with Evolution, for example, drivers parking but with no ticket displayed that is given out by reception then heading on foot away from Evolution into the city (not sure how this could be controlled but never saw management making good on their signs about illegally parked vehicles being towed). It is now early Sunday morning and while we do need to extend our stay in Brisbane for a week we are not remaining at Evolution and have just made a booking with the Marriott. Evolution could be fantastic but it appears that maintenance issues and complaints have been ongoing for years and in our experience not adequately addressed, we should have read the trip advisor reviews before booking. To be fair we have not yet advised reception of the issues but will do so when we check out shortly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evolution Apartments has a choice of Studio, One Bedroom or Two Bedroom Apartments ensuring that we have a room option available to meet everyone's requirements. The rooms are fitted out with modern decor and offer a relaxed but vibrant mood catering to even the most discerning tastes. With Queen sized beds, kitchen facilities, flat screen televisions, Free Wifi internet, laundry facilities and much much more available in each of our apartments it is no wonder people keep coming back to Evolution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evolution Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evolution Apartments Hotel Brisbane
- Evolution Apartments Brisbane, Queensland