“I wish these guys would open in my home town - Sydney”
Review of Comuna Cantina

Comuna Cantina
Ranked #299 of 4,818 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 6 - USD 29
Description: Comuna Cantina is a Latin street food inspired Mexican restaurant located in Brisbane CBD and the Gold Coast offering a range of tacos, arepas, ​and tortas; with a full cocktail and bar menu.
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Travelling for work i stopped in for lunch on my own. The staff were great, excellent service, the food was amazing I had the abundance bowl with chicken - i loved it! Best "salad" Ive ever eaten! I'm back at home now and have been craving another one of these every day since, highly recommended!
Please open a store in Sydney!!!!!!

Chris H, Manager at Comuna Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for stopping by. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We had a family dinner here for my daughters 20th Birthday. Her choice. The service was good, however I found the food just average. We ordered corn chips and guacamole to start which was $10 a plate. The serve of guacamole was very small and the corn chips were over cooked so I thought this was over priced. We also ordered cocktails these we really great, very impressed with the cocktails. I had the choice of three soft tacos. I chose the pulled pork, chicken and fish. The fish has chopped pineapple on it and I expected fresh pineapple chopped finely however it came out with large pieces of tinned pineapple - soggy and not nice. Some of our group had nachos and they enjoyed them. The music was quite loud and repetitive. Overall an average dinner.

Guest Experienc... C, Guest Relations Manager at Comuna Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hi there,

We are really sorry to hear you didn't fully enjoy the experience. Could you please provide an email contact for further details?

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Mixed feelings at our first Latin food dining experience. Although inviting with atmosphere, the waitress was not accommodating with seating despite vacant seats - eventually seated next to a larger group. We were surprised to be served with barely warm chicken burgers and stone cold chips. Being a long travel day, we ate the burgers without complaint but were disappointed with the overall experience. If you’re thinking about going there - don’t bother.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Looking for some flavoursome food, fancy cocktails and a good time with friends? This is the place to be! Dont miss out on the arepas ("pork or chicken taco pockets") which are filling and for only 10$! Also a shoutout to the great service, especially to our smiley and the coolest server, Tim!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Okay so I only had one dish (Fernanda's Fiesta with chicken), but our group had a variety of dishes, but wow it tasted so good, so clean, so yummy! There were a number of things on the menu that I would love to try.

The pricing IS a little bit high for what you get, but they had lunch specials ($10 salad bowls, two tacos for $10). One person in our group got the two-taco deal and the were quite small and wouldn't have been enough for me.

Great place if you're gluten-free or vegetarian too - quite a few options.

The service (German girl) was absolutely perfect, very warm and helpful and a credit to the establishment.