New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Whitsunday Blue Sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012
Pending review

'Whitsunday Blue' is a catamaran which is part of the Whitsunday Catamarans Co the same company that charters the 'Getaway'. This is a couples only boat and is relatively expensive compared to other charter boats but the experience is exceptional. This was actually my second visit to the Whitsunday's with the first being a maxi sailing yacht called Boomerang but compared to Whitsunday blue the difference is chalk and cheese. Whitsunday Blue is extremely comfortable and smooth with the crew (Tanya who was the skipper and Erica the deck hand) attentive and very professional. The food was also very good. Whitsunday Blue is ideal for couples young and older and is by far the best way of seeing the Whitsunday Islands in comfort and style.

Visited July 2012

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Relaxing stay with loads of extra$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

A Whitsunday holiday is brilliant for relaxed cruising, dining, ocean & poolside fun --but look ahead to what your package includes or bring plenty of extra dosh for excursions like diving or snorkeling. Most restaurants are lovely with good range of fare although no exceptional cuisine. Plan to visit several islands as each is different, offering everything from pristine, undeveloped beaches to the more commercial (Hamilton Island) venture with activities and night-life.
For overseas travellers, a must-see side trip of 2 days+ to appreciate the ocean's true-blue.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Karen R
Sydney, Australia
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Beautiful islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We took a day boat trip to Whitsunday. It's so pristine and it's a nice place to relax. There is not much facility in the south part of the island, but that makes it more natural.

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“absolutley gorgeous beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Whitsunday Island is absolutely beautiful with pure white sand and crystal blue water. We went with our teenage children and they loved it, as much as we did. Would go back any day.

Visited April 2011
Los Angeles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wings 3-my favorite experience in Australia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

My friend and I just got off Wings 3 a couple days ago and it was by far the funnest thing we've done in Australia. I don't know about any of the other boats but I am glad we chose this one. It was pretty hard to decide on a boat because there wasn't that much info out there or comparisons between the boats. If anyone has any questions about Wings 3, just email me and I can try to help you out.

Anyways, Airlie Beach--not much there to do at all.

Wings 3 is the newer boat vs Wings 2. I believe the only difference is that Wings 3 has a hot tub on the deck? It was 2 days and 2 nights. I thought for sure I was gonna get sea sick but as long as you stay outside when the boat is going fast through choppy waters (maybe an hour a day when they were trying to reach the area where we were going to sleep), you will be fine. The staff was super nice, kept asking me and my friend if we were ok and needed water or ginger tablets.

I was a little unsure about choosing this boat because I read reviews that said it was a diving boat mainly and my friend and I only wanted to snorkel. But half of our boat only snorkelled and I didn't feel any pressure at all to go diving. Someone said they were hard selling the diving but I didn't get that at all. Right at check in when you fill out waivers and health questionnaires, one of the staff asked me if I dived before. I said yes and didn't really like it. But all he said was 'then you were diving with the wrong people. Why don't you listen in on our presentation later on and I'll put you down as a maybe?" that was all the pressure i got. But maybe I should have dived because the divers saw more things than i did snorkelling. I was kind of disappointed with the snorkelling here because the water was very clear. I did see a ton of different types of coral and quite a bit of fish but not the 'Nemo's'. the divers saw them though.

We had 5 crew with us and a full boat of 26 people. Harry was the skipper-super happy, funny guy. There were 2 diving instructors: Adam and Dylan. Adam was really funny and Dylan was really nice. A couple of the reviews I read here said he was obnoxious or something and trying to force people to dive, so I was kind of apprehensive and hoping we wouldn't get this guy. But we did and he was actually the nicest guy there!! We also had Tiffany and Ian as our cooks. They were new and learning the ropes I guess. Tiff was really friendly and Ian was kind of shy or quiet.

The food was not bad and they fed us enough. There were about four 'rooms' that had doors on them and our room had one single bunk and 2 double 'bunk beds', I shared a double with my friend and there was plenty of room and I had the best sleep on the boat. I did have earplugs, that might have helped, although others that didn't have them said they slept very well too. There were 2 toilets and 2 showers and everyone was limited to 1 min showers, which sounded really strange at first but they only have a limited supply of fresh water on board, I only had time to out conditioner in my hair and wash my face. But it was ok because you're going into the water and getting wet all day anyways so you never feel dirty.

Anyways, it was really fun and I was sad when it was all over and we had to leave the boat. :(

6 Thank pikasil8