Lowest prices for your stay
AU$186
Get rewarded with One Key
Official Hotel
AU$140
No prepayment needed
All reviews bedroom apartment bottle shop mitchell street kitchen facilities great apartments restaurant downstairs washer and dryer good size down stairs reception staff air conditioning an easy walk accommodation laundry coles territory harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2022

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters and stayed here for mid term break in August, weather was perfect not humid at all.
The hotel is in a great location central to everything.
Loved the study nook for charging all the devices and keeping them away overnight !
Kitchen facilities were good.
Had a little time by the pool it was mostly shaded in the afternoon the 13 year old said it was cold.
Bottle shop right outside the front door, Coles and Woolies a short walk.
Made use of the Neuron scooters to get around go for a package for the best deal.
Sheltered balcony was great and I managed to watch my ipad out there having peace and quiet from the family.
Shame the 2 bedroom apts cant be configured with twin beds in 2nd bedroom.
Can recommend the Thai massage place next door.

Room tip: high floor is good
Date of stay: August 2022
Dustin Kochen, Marketing at H on Mitchell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2022

Hi annwoodward,

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel, great to hear that you enjoyed the mid term break with your family! We are pleased that you valued our location, pool, and the room amenities (including kitchen facilities study desk and balcony). We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm Regards, H on Mitchell.

Reviewed 25 October 2022

After booking the H on Mitchell I nearly cancelled because of all the bad reviews. I only have praise for this hotel, everything was clean and well maintained, the staff were friendly and the meals good.

We had a twin one-bedroom apartment, it was well equipped, spacious and had lovely views over Darwin and Fanny Bay. I particularly liked the spacious balcony. There was a notice saying our room would be serviced every 3rd day, but it was actually done daily and everything was replenished, our housekeeper did an amazing job.

The bar and restaurant are decorated nicely and are frequented by both tourists and locals. Service is casual, you order at the counter and get buzzed when it is ready. We had dinner and breakfast inhouse on a number of occasions and the food was good.

The hotel is well located on Mitchell Street and within a 15-minute walk of many attractions. Carparking was provided at a reasonable fee and the bays were very spacious.

I highly recommend the H on Mitchell (maybe management has lifted its game after seeing the bad reviews), but honestly, I couldn't fault it.

Dear cityhotelsightseeing,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your apartment with the balcony and lovely views, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and the hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks again, H on Mitchell.

Reviewed 14 October 2022 via mobile

One me bedroom room
Was ok, but very pokey (small). The week was fine and the hotel staff are really nice and helpful. However I am now here for my final night, a Friday night and oh my god the noise!! There is a bar downstairs and it’s like I’m sitting in the room with the music beat in my bedroom. Very irritating and I’m so glad it’s my last night - I can only imagine it continues on Saturday night too. I’m not sure if it’s just the bar downstairs - it might actually be the hotel across the way that I have an unfortunate view of. I’ll have to take a sleeping pill tonight just to get some sleep so I can get to the Parap markets tomorrow morning before I fly out.

Room tip: Avoid staying here on the weekend unless you are here to party
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dustin Kochen, Marketing at H on Mitchell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2022

Dear Meander06037649946,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, and we thank you for your lovely comments about our staff.
We are sorry to hear about your last night with us, and we do apologise. This is not a regular occurrence, however we have passed this feedback onto the team to investigate further. Thanks again, and we hope you enjoyed the Parap markets!

Sincerely, H on Mitchell.

Reviewed 13 October 2022 via mobile

This hotel is very average. My main complaint is the mattress was soooo cheap and uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a sleeping bag on the floor. Housekeeping a bit funny - some days the bed was done nicely, other days it looked like a toddler made it, which just makes you think why bother. The toiletries and tea are nice.

One day I asked in the restaurant to see the breakfast menu. He told me the menu was “locked up” and he didn’t know where it was. Needless to say I didn’t eat there.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Dustin Kochen, Marketing at H on Mitchell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2022

Dear Emmy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback regarding the mattress in your room, and we are sorry to hear about the inconsistency with housekeeping and the service from the restaurant. We will certainly pass this onto the team.

Sincerely, H on Mitchell.

Reviewed 10 September 2022

From the moment we checked in to the time we had to check out the reception staff were friendly and helpful could not fault them (lovely Ladies) very spacious 1 bedroom apartment very clean great balcony view of both city and ocean. Could not fault the very lovely house keeping staff our apartment was serviced every day with fresh towels, bed made, garbage removal. Considering when I booked my accommodation it said apartments only get serviced every 3rd day of your stay. Considering there is a bar/hotel there was no loud noise during the nights. Restaurant menu is value for money. Buffet breakfast is basic ($20 if purchased ticket from hotel reception) would love to see the a la carte breakfast menu back. My partner and I have stayed at this hotel many many times and we are very impressed with it overall would fully recommend to everyone 😀

Room tip: Corner suite great view
Date of stay: August 2022
Dustin Kochen, Marketing at H on Mitchell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2022

Hi Trip49242,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are pleased to hear that you found your apartment spacious and clean, and found our staff friendly and helpful.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Warm Regards, H on Mitchell.