“Fabulous food”
Review of Oka Teppanyaki

Oka Teppanyaki
Ranked #57 of 419 Restaurants in Darwin
Price range: USD 11 - USD 71
Description: Oka Teppanyaki brings to life a traditional style of Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook food, creating a fun, lively and exciting dining experience. Our highly skilled chefs uses only the freshest ingredients to create dishes with unique flavours that will tantalise your taste buds. A memorable dining experience Perfect for all occasions such as birthday parties, gathering with family and friends, time with your loved ones or business meetings, you will see your meal prepared right in front of your eyes by our expert chefs. Whether it's the king tiger prawns, the succulent beef, or the fresh lobsters you crave for, our aim is to provide you with a memorable dining experience. We also offer an extensive a-la-carte menu with traditional items such as sushi & sashimi, tempura, wafu steaks, bento boxes and so much more, so please visit our menu page for further details. Our chefs create new menu items frequently so please email us to get on our mailing list or like our Facebook page to get our updates. Wine & sake perfect combinations Come and enjoy the wide selection of wines and handpicked Japanese sakes to compliment your dining experience. Our friendly staff would be happy to assist you with the selection process to choose the best wines or sakes to compliment your meal. Open for lunch from Monday to Friday and dinner from Monday to Saturday, we recommend you make a reservation. We also offer takeaway and catering for large parties and corporate functions, please contact us for more information.
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch. Had visited for dinner a few months ago so wanted to try the lunch menu. The food was just as excellent and reasonable prices. Definitely one for the short list when you want to take someone out for lunch.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely spot in the Parap village shops. The food is always tasty and interesting and the service friendly . It is good for sharing .

There are individual tables and 2 big communal BBQ tables. They get pretty noisy , but very entertains to watch the chefs "perform" .

Well worth a visit and they do takeaway. .

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The chef was great, good showmanship, enjoyable routine with knives and eggs and flame to set the heart racing, the food was delicious, the meat was tender and there was plenty of it. I am a big eater (I may have mentioned this in other reviews) and I could not finish it all.

The setting was ok. seating tight around the hot plate. There were six of us. We were a little spread out, just to get comfortable and a little elbow room. So far I would have given 5 stars but from here on in, the wait staff made this rating impossible.

We were asked to cram up and sit elbow to elbow while the rest of the seating around the hot plate remained empty through out our stay.

The pricing goes according to the ingredients choices. Lower price, fewer and less expensive choices. Prawns were on the expensive menu and an expensive ingredient. We ordered the most expensive at $70 a head. Prawns were on the menu but NOT AVAILABLE. There is a Woolworth down the road that sells nice prawns of many varieties. There are two wholesale fish markets within 3 km. There was NO EXCUSE for not having prawns. A case of penny pinching. I have found shenanigans like this in many Asian restaurants. I did not expect it at a Parap eatery.

We were allowed 3 choices from the menu. I ordered 3. I got 2 and one of the two was not what I ordered.

When I gave the girl my drink order she kept on getting it wrong. I asked for a Crown beer....She repeated Corona..over and over.. about 5 times. In frustration I turned to my neighbour and said...I keep saying Crown..She keeps saying Corona..Is this a joke?? Finally I pointed to the drinks menu.

As I was driving, one beer had to suffice. So I ordered a glass of water.The water was luke warm by the time it was poured. I asked for a glass of ice and that was delivered promptly. On a refill, I was again poured tepid water. The carafe did not have any ice in it. I again asked for ice. The third round she offered water all round, poured for my two neighbours but neglected to pour mine. Another dinner had to call her back to indicate I asked for water.

All round, what should have been an enjoyable dinning experience combined with humour and showmanship, was turned sour by poor wait staff attitude.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Smaller menu.. but each time I eat there I have a load of laughs and walk out smiling.. in fact thinking about the menu now and need to go again soon! Great food, value. Excellent staff and guaranteed laughs and smiles through the night.. even if you don’t do teppanyki the menu offerings are also excellent

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

What a night.
Teppanyaki with a twist.
Such good quality food and great fun time.
Would highly recommend.