Destinia.com
Vio.com
All reviews these apartments public holiday bus stop mitchell street laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2022

This has to be the worse place I have ever stayed - I cannot find 1 good thing to say about - it was not even cheap!!
Maybe all apartments are not the same, but our one is tired and dirty and in need of a deep clean and a renovation.
If you have to stay here I would suggest you find out exactly what apartment you are allocated and get real time pics - otherwise pick somewhere else to stay.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2022

Where do i start? This visit to Darwin was booked two weeks ago by my company and i'm here for 20 nights, for which they have been billed just over $11,000 for!!! When i saw the amount they'd paid i thought it must be a pretty good place to stay! Have read a few reviews about the joint and it really depends on which apartment you get as i presume they are all privately owned. Location is pretty good, only around 15 min drive from the airport and a 5 minute walk to the bars/restaurants of Mitchell street and short walk to the coast.

Unfortunately, that's where it ends - the apartment i'm staying in is in desperate need of some serious cash spending on it, all the paintwork is grotty and most fixtures and fittings are in very poor/dated condition except the sofa and TV which look pretty new. The fridge must of been rescued off the street as its paintwork is damaged and rusty, the worktops are also in poor condition and the oven looks as though its never been cleaned as well as missing a control button! As for the extractor fan, that was just filthy and covered in old grease stains. One of the chopping boards supplied looks as though it needs burning due to the amount of ingrained stains on it.

All the switches/sockets were covered in thick dust and the ceiling fans look as though they've never been cleaned since they were fitted!

In the hallway there is a hole in the wall which has been covered up with a piece of paper and blue-tack! The carpets have numerous burn marks from cigarettes and various stains throughout. The air con outlets are all dirty and the surrounding structure/paintwork is badly cracked. Tiles in the en-suite shower and kitchen have numerous chips in them and again are dated.

The crux of it all is i think it was last cleaned by Stevie Wonder and if id of personally paid for this id be asking for a refund!

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank stephenpD3688XM
Reviewed 9 January 2022 via mobile

We checked in on the 29th Dec. We were first given the keys to an apartment on level 11. As soon as we entered the apartment I could smell smoke and an old musty smell. I looked at the rooms and found stains on the sheets, hairs on the pillows. Dust and fluff clogged the air vents and coated the fans. The outdoor furniture on the balcony was rusty, broken and one chair was upturned near the door. There was a layer of dust on all the taps, bathroom fittings and there was no seal over the toilet or anything to show the apartment had been cleaned to some sort of basic standard. I went back to the front office where the Manager was outside the front door having a cigarette, I told him about sheets and that overall I wasn’t happy with cleanliness. He stated the cleaner was very short so maybe couldn’t reach things like the fans! He also rolled his eyes and said “Jesus what more do you want?” When I asked for a different room.
Reluctantly he showed me another room on level 9 which upon inspection smelt slightly better, had cleaner bathroom fittings and thankfully no hairs on pillows. None of these rooms look like the photos advertised FYI. Very deceiving. We spent the next 10 days in this room and below are the pictures of what we put up with…. Obviously I was not impressed at all with the condition of the room. My children’s beds were extremely uncomfortable/ there is literally no bounce or padding left in mattresses. The cupboards were useless in the kitchen, they couldn’t close properly. The bathrooms need a deep clean, or just to be renovated really! Towels and sheets all stained. Laundry was disgusting!! Cockroaches everywhere, in apartment before we put any food in kitchen I saw them running around bench top and into drawers in bathroom 🤢 also downstairs parking smelt gross! Parking was confusing to use as different numbers all over the parking garage. Lift doors are dangerous- the doors stopped working sometimes which is scary midway down to ground, we had to pry open the door to get out about 4 times! I could go on and on … we hated it and couldn’t wait to leave! I’m glad we had family close by so we could spend our time at their place instead. What a waste of money 🙄 never again.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ZaliJ
Reviewed 22 January 2020

Loved our stay at the Marrakai. Had a two bedroom unit on the 11th floor and had wonderful views of Darwin and surrounds. Apartment was spacious with plenty of room for the four of us. Close to all facilities and attractions so didn’t have far to walk in Darwin’s humid and hot summer climate. Air conditioning was essential and worked our treat, apartment was always comfortable. Clean and well maintained would definitely go back.

Room tip: Higher levels great for the views
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Found the Marrakai two bedroom apartment a great deal in Darwin. Secure access and free secure parking. Great views of CBD of Darwin and affordable living if in Darwin in business. Kitchen full stocked with equipment and laundry a must. Only concern is the pool is very warm. But at night it’s lovely after a hard day.

Date of stay: November 2019