Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Honeymoon

I wasn’t quite sure what to think when my husband booked us onto a 9 day camping trip - laugh or... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Hang-yue
Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Outback experience like no other!

This tour exceeded all of my expectations. I did not know what to expect as I had never done a tour... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2018
lianethor

Recommended experiences in and around Darwin
from USD 116.90
from USD 780.80
from USD 1,387.00
from USD 196.50
More Info
All reviews lake argyle bush camping bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek amazing trip awesome group whale sharks cooking skills bell gorge true bush cliff jumping cable beach roast lamb beautiful region el questro gorge
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I've been travelling a lot but could never be bothered to write a review. So the
fact that I'm writing this one should be an indication of how brilliant this trip
was. You'll see stunning cliffs and mountain ranges, wonderful wildlife, magical
sunrises and sunsets and jump of waterfalls and cliffs into unbelievably clear
waterholes (only if you want to of course, but who wouldn't :-)). After a long day
of hiking, swimming and adventuring you'll camp in the bush with your fellow
travellers, get a fire going, putting your tents up, prepare dinner. I've met some
of the most amazing people on this tour. Which brings me to the next part, our
guide Trent. Simply put, he was awesome. It was absolutely astonishing how many
times he stopped in the middle of nowhere to lead us to some wonderful
waterhole, aboriginal rock art or bush camping spot. Something on the itinerary
still closed? No worries, Trent is going to lead you to an even more awesome spot.
You could feel how excited he was about his job and it really caught on to the
group, by day two we where calling him "Ranger Trent" :-) At one point we had
passengers of other tours taking pictures of us climbing 2 meter high boulders and
building human chains to get our backpacks across chest high water. He had a very
good grasp of the abilities of all the members of the group and offered
alternatives for those not able to do the hardest hikes. On top of that he was a
masterful chef on the camp fire (don't expect to lose too much weight on this trip
;-)) and just an awesome, friendly guy to be around.
In conclusion: I've been to most countries in Europe, saw amazing places in New
Zealand, swam with sharks in Fiji, whale sharks in Australia. Still this is hands
down the best thing I ever did. So in short: Call them, ask for Trent, book the tour,
thank me later.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Christian S
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hi Christian.

Thats one hell of a review, I guess when you don't write many you make the most of it when you do!

Thanks so much and I'm pumped that you had such a great experience.

Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic trip full of adventures, laughs and great times I will remember forever! Thanks Adam, you are a champion!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I have just finished the 9 day trip from Broome to Darwin and it was the trip of a lifetime!
Our guide Trent was amazing. So knowledgeable about the area and so happy and excited to be showing us this amazing part of Australia. We hiked, we swam, we laughed, we stayed in bush camps that felt like our own personal secret spots. It was very special. And not to mention Trent’s amazing cooking and stories shared around a campfire at night to really top of a fun filled day.
Thank you Trent and Kimberley Adventure Tours for the most memorable holiday. I’m already planning my next one!

Date of experience: June 2017

Hi Cat, thanks heaps for the review, so glad that you enjoyed our trip and Tren't guiding.

All the best. Tim

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I didn't know much about the Kimberley before I did this tour, now I can't believe more people haven't done this! If you have a sense of adventure and are keen to get out of your comfort zone, Kimberley Adventure Tours are a fantastic way to see one of Australia's most beautiful areas. Our guide Trent was brilliant, his knowledge and passion for the area were incredible, and his ability to adapt the tour to his guests and the availability of attractions was perfect. His cooking abilities were exceptional, despite his love of sweet chilli sauce :)
We had a group of varied ages, however it's best to be physically fit to enjoy this trip. I would recommend this to anyone!! Thanks Trent and thanks Kimberley Adventures! Loved it!!!!!

Date of experience: May 2017
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

I agree, more people should see the Kimberley, not because it's good for business (which it would be obviously) but really, it's is such a special part of the world, imagine living a life and never having seen it....

Reviewed 5 June 2017

If you’re traveling in Australia and want to spend time in the outback, this is a great way to do it. I’ve been on outback tours in the past (Red Centre and Northern Territory), and this was by far the best experience. Traveling with Kimberly adventure Tours was the highlight of our stay in Australia.
We considered several tour companies, but Tim (owner) was the most helpful in coordinating a tour that would work for us. Ultimately, we decided on a private charter since we had two families traveling with kids (4 adults and 4 children). We couldn’t believe what a great job they did in catering to our needs – everything from the itinerary to the snacks and meals were planned with our kids in mind.
Our guide, Shane, was exceptional and clearly loves what he does. He was not only knowledgeable about the areas we visited (knows a lot about the aboriginal culture), but he could take us places and show us things that may be omitted with some of the other tour companies. This is partly because the 4WD truck and gear they have makes it possible to get off the beaten path. In fact, at one point we had to stop to pull another vehicle out of a heavily rutted dirt road. Overall, the experience of camping in the bush - especially sleeping under the stars in swags by the fire, was an experience my family will never forget.

Date of experience: April 2017
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thanks Paul for the fine review. I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

As many people use these reviews to plan their travels, I should explain that this group participated in one of out private charters which we did outside of our Kimberley season to Uluru and Alice Springs.

Thanks again Paul and I hope we see you again out this way one day.