“Adventure from start to finish!”

Kimberley Adventure Tours
Ranked #7 of 116 Tours in Darwin
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating in both directions between Broome & Darwin and Darwin & Broome, Kimberley Adventure Tours offer the ultimate wilderness adventure giving you a complete taste of the real outback Australia. Our tours of Kimberley, Australia may be the most fun you will ever have. This is a serious adventure tour with plenty of action including hiking and swimming. Travel with other like-minded people with a sense of adventure. Small groups in 4WD vehicles. Experience campfires and swags and visit the Bungle Bungles, Gibb River Road, Lake Argyle & much more.
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Had the most amazing 9 day tour from Darwin to Broome with tour guide Shane (the best!), and a great bunch of people (9 on tour).
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to explore the Kimberley region in it's truest and raw form. It is exactly what it says on the tin; 'an adventure'.

Some of the highlights include Edith Falls, plenty of gorge swimming, camping out in swags, campfires, Lake Argyle and swimming with freshies, the Bungle Bungles, Zebidee Springs and El Questro Gorge, and the Manning Gorge walk and swim which includes cliff dives, and Windjana crocs. Most of all the tour was made exceptional by sharing with such a great group of people and the best tour guide imparting lots of wisdom along all of the way, and giving lots of info on the cultural background and significance of this amazing region.

We saw lots of magnificent attractions en route from Darwin in the top end and making our way West along the Gibb river road to finally arrive in Broome finishing the tour with a sunset like no other over Cable Beach, reminiscing about the previous 9 days.
Definitely the best tour I've been on.

Date of experience: October 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Hi Deirdreop.

Thanks for the great wrap - "Definitely the best tour I've been on" - it doesn't get much better than that, so glad that you enjoyed Shane as your guide and the KAT style of travelling through the wilderness.

All reviews
"roast lamb"
in 4 reviews
"beautiful region"

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

"This tour costs money, but you definitely come out richer".
We did 9 days from Darwin-Broome, and it was spectacular. This tour is a very hands-on experience of the Kimberleys, and you really eat-smell-breath the northern outback. Every day started out at sunrise, and expanded into a new exciting and different adventure than anticipated.

Shane- our guide, was extremely friendly and open, knowledgeable and caring, doing his best to make this experience the most for everyone. His passion for the bush and the outback really come across, and his aussie country music trickles its way through your subconscious (by the end of the tour we were all trying to sing along).
This tour is unique because it really forms a group out of the 10 different strangers that come together, and by the last day you feel as if you're parting with lifetime friends.
I would highly recommend this tour, an unforgettable experience.
"Follow the sun".

Date of experience: October 2016

Hey Gilad, thanks for the review and I'm pumped that you came out richer for the experience, the Kimberley has the ability to do that, it's such an amazing place.

All the best. Tim

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Dear KAT

I just came back to civilization after a 9 day tour from Darwin to Broome..it was awesome!

A big thank to Shane!! He introduced us this amazing area of Australia!
Beautiful Gorges, Creeks, Springs, Crocodiles and how breathtaking it can be to sleep under the stars..he explained and shows us a lot of unexpected stuff!
Every meal was delicious and sometimes we got the possibility to hear his guitar playing...
It was so much fun with him and our group - I'll never forget this fabulous trip!!!!!
The name is program!

Thank you Shane! You did a lot that this tour was sooo special!..and keep going with "follow the sun"

Take care
Kathrin (Kat)

Date of experience: September 2016

Hey Kathrin, thanks heaps for the detailed review, Shane will be pumped, his second 5 star review for the day!

I love hearing about every tour that we do and love it when they create memories to last forever.

Thanks for coming. Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

I booked a 9 days to visit Kimberley's from Darwin to broome.
I was lucky to be with Shane, the guide, and in a beautiful group of 10 persons.
I had the feeling to be safe during all the trip and I enjoyed everything in this trip, bush camp, food (excellent and enough) and walks between gorges, creek and viewpoint only possible on dry season, we went to a lot of "secret place" off road and off tracks, this is a real expedition with a lot of adventures.
Definitely the best tour I did with a friendly guide always available.
I saw a lot of wildlife, I lived a storm on a island in the middle of nowhere with freshwater crocodile, "I survived the gibb river road and I swam in the manning gorge"
Only good memories.

1  Thank josselin D

Hi Josselin, thanks for posting the first review for Shane. He's new to KAT so it's great to see that he's got the right stuff to be one of our guides, we look forward to him doing a full season with us in 2017.

I'm glad that you had a great time.

Cheers. Tim

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2016

We are a family of five who just returned from a great overland adventure from Broome to Darwin. Adam was our guide who is truly passionate about nature, indigenous culture and Australian history. He is a true explorer and his sense of curiosity and fun was contagious and as a result we all threw ourselves into all that the Kimberley region had on offer. We were a varied group of two families and two singles but we worked well together as a team under the often hilarious overseeing of Adam. Highlights for me were sleeping in a remarkably comfortable swag under a canapy of stars, beautiful varied walks, learning about rock art and Indigenous/Australian history and swimming in pristine waterholes. Those brave enough jumped from 8 metre cliffs, swung from swing-ropes and swam an underwater tunnel. We had one hilarious evening which started out starry which then quickly erupted into quite a storm where tents blew away and we all got drenched. Yet, the drama of the event became a highlight of hilarious anecdotes of how each of us 'survived' the storm. We were truly submerged in nature which is great for the soul and also a shake up for your sense of humour. I highly recommend KAT to anyone who wants to reconnect with the sublime Australian bush and their own sense of place in nature. Huge thanks to Adam for keeping us safe and entertained - you are one of a kind!
Cheers Tam

Date of experience: September 2016

Hi Tam, thanks so much for writing a detailed review of your trip and I'm glad you guys had a blast - literally!

As this is a public forum many potential customers use to work out if we are suitable for them, I'd like to explain the situation with children on the tours.

From 2017 we have nominated several tours which fall around the school holiday periods as family trips, on these trips we encourage families with children to travel, the ideal situation is that 2 or 3 families travel on the same tour.

At other times the youngest age we permit is 16, so if you are a family wanting to travel with other families, go for a family nominated date, if you prefer not the travel with children, go for one of the other dates. Dates can be found on our website, look for the link to Family Tours in the footer.