Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Beyond Words

Kimberley Adventure Tours offers an incredible and unrivalled Kimberley experience. Private bush... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Beth F
Hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! Truly life-changing! 🌿

This tour is hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! I’ve done loads of tours all over the world... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2023
Aus_traveller_9081
Perth, Australia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Darwin
More Info
All reviews bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek bell gorge rock jumping camping experience edith falls broome shags tim
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Who needs showers when you have the lush and magnificent swimming spots throughout the Kimberley’s! This was an absolute trip of a lifetime and can only be described as “awesome!”
Due to personal last minute changes and nearly missing the tour……. I would like to say a big thank you to Tim who offered alternative arrangements, which enabled me to still, join in on the tour a few days in. Thanks for working your magic, being extremely hospitable and flexible.
Your guide Heath could not have done his job any better. He was considerate, caring and thoughtful toward everyone in the group. He is an absolute asset to the company! We know Heath’s head is already big enough, however I have to say that his passion for the Australian outback was clearly evident as with each description he gave on the local flora and fauna was detailed and informative, and he captured everyone's attention. He also managed to cook up a storm each and every night, which never left anyone hungry.
The scenery was unforgettable, the hikes were breathtaking and the swimming spots were spectacular. It was worth waking up at 0530 for the sunrises!
Most memorable moment was not being able to fall asleep due to stargazing.
There is absolutely nothing to fault about this amazing adventure. Book now!
Thank you so much Kimberley adventure tours. I will be back!
Kim

Date of experience: August 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Hi Kim. Thanks for the great feedback and I'm glad that all worked well with your Kununurra pick up.

I love reading these reviews and am so glad that we can we have a great business which seems to bring a lot of joy to lots of people.

If you want to come back then we'd love to have you, from 2017 we will have more choice as we are starting up operations on the West Coast of WA between Perth and Broome, you may want to check that one out?

Reviewed 17 August 2016

This tour is the perfect way to explore The Kimberley. Getting off the beaten track and sleeping in swags under the stars is an amazing experience. We had a great group of people and our tour guide Heath was fantastic. Food was great - so much of it! I can't recommend this tour highly enough. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Date of experience: August 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Hi Dawn, thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. Glad you enjoyed it our there.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have been struggling to put my experience of this trip into words, since returning to civilisation a week ago. The word that keeps coming to mind, is "unreal". No matter what other word I try to use to describe the wondrous stars, the adventures of bush camping and sleeping in a swag, the beauty of the "striped" bungles, feelings of absolute joy jumping off waterfalls and swimming in lake Argyle, the magic of the sun rising and setting over the stunning gorges of the Kimberley.. The word unreal seems fitting.

I will admit, that I had no idea what to expect. Sure, the info I could gather and the reviews suggested that it would be a nice experience - I loved the idea of a small group, bush camps and swags, open fires. But nothing had me prepared for the cramped space in the troop style Toyota land cruiser (So uncomfortable, but yet so wonderful, getting close to my fellow travellers), games around the camp fire, the the feeling of accomplishment when the group came together collecting firewood, setting up camp and cooking over open fire - Respect to out fantastic guide Tommy, who made it all possible; Very professional, and crazy skilled with the camp ovens! I would never have thought it possible to make lamb roast (veggies and gravy included) over open fire! Unreal!

If you are the slightest bit adventurous, and ready to have your mind blown, I can highly recommend this tour :D

Date of experience: August 2016

Hi Manja, thanks for the "unreal" review! Tommy works very hard out there to show off the amazing Kimberley, glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

This tour was just perfect for us. What a special way to see some of the most beautiful country in the world. The Kimberley is just spectacular and Kimberley Adventure tours made it even better. For a swag novice camping under the stars every night was just amazing - I loved it. A special mention for our guide Tommy. Thank you for being so friendly and professional, you are a master of the camp oven (that roast lamb and Orange and fennel pork belly sooooo yum) and worked so hard throughout the tour to make sure everything went so smoothly even repairing the sole of my walking boots using pandanus palm ! The size of the tour group is also perfect our group of 12 from all over the place and now friends for life after sharing this amazing trip together. Please do yourself a favour and book this tour you won't regret it !

Date of experience: July 2016

Wow, thanks Paul for that glowing review, glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We have just completed our trip into the Kimberley WA with Kimberley Adventure tours and had Heath as our tour leader. What a fantastic job Heath did guiding us every step of the way from camping under the stars on the KAT island on Lake Argyle, into the Bungle Bungles, through magnificent gorges all the way down the Gibb River Road safely. You were very inclusive, informative, fun and as newcomers to camping you made this trip such a very special memorable experience for us. We loved every minute even using Dougie! You smashed it Heath!

Date of experience: July 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Howdy, thanks so much for the nice review, Heath will be pumped.

Whilst running a tour business is "fun" (sort of!) the best part of the day is when I get advised of another 5 star Trip Advisor review, it's nice to know that all the hard work that everyone does at KAT is making so many people so happy.

Cheers. Tim