Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Beyond Words

Kimberley Adventure Tours offers an incredible and unrivalled Kimberley experience. Private bush... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Beth F
Hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! Truly life-changing! 🌿

This tour is hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! I’ve done loads of tours all over the world... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2023
Aus_traveller_9081
Perth, Australia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Darwin
More Info
All reviews bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek bell gorge rock jumping camping experience edith falls broome shags tim
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

This tour was just perfect for us. What a special way to see some of the most beautiful country in the world. The Kimberley is just spectacular and Kimberley Adventure tours made it even better. For a swag novice camping under the stars every night was just amazing - I loved it. A special mention for our guide Tommy. Thank you for being so friendly and professional, you are a master of the camp oven (that roast lamb and Orange and fennel pork belly sooooo yum) and worked so hard throughout the tour to make sure everything went so smoothly even repairing the sole of my walking boots using pandanus palm ! The size of the tour group is also perfect our group of 12 from all over the place and now friends for life after sharing this amazing trip together. Please do yourself a favour and book this tour you won't regret it !

Date of experience: July 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Wow, thanks Paul for that glowing review, glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We have just completed our trip into the Kimberley WA with Kimberley Adventure tours and had Heath as our tour leader. What a fantastic job Heath did guiding us every step of the way from camping under the stars on the KAT island on Lake Argyle, into the Bungle Bungles, through magnificent gorges all the way down the Gibb River Road safely. You were very inclusive, informative, fun and as newcomers to camping you made this trip such a very special memorable experience for us. We loved every minute even using Dougie! You smashed it Heath!

Date of experience: July 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Howdy, thanks so much for the nice review, Heath will be pumped.

Whilst running a tour business is "fun" (sort of!) the best part of the day is when I get advised of another 5 star Trip Advisor review, it's nice to know that all the hard work that everyone does at KAT is making so many people so happy.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Our family (two adults, four children aged five through eleven) just finished a tour from Darwin to Broome with Kimberley Adventure Tours. We hoped for the trip of a lifetime, we were not disappointed. The Kimberley is spectacular, a world-class destination right here in Australia, and still deserted compared to destinations of similar quality. Our guide (Tim) was knowledgeable, sensible and respectful, and great company. He knew the Kimberley and how to make all aspects of the trip (camping, sightseeing, gorge hopping and waterfall jumping) as rewarding and enjoyable as possible. It seemed we had privileged access to the Kimberley for ten days. We all loved sleeping in swags under the stars, and our kids slept like logs, testament to how active they were and their involvement (our choice) in setting up, packing up and washing up. And my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food that Tim prepared when we were (quite literally) in the middle of nowhere. To be clear, this is not “glamping”, but a well-organised, properly-resourced adventure, run by someone who really knows what they are doing. It was a truly special experience we will never forget. I can’t recommend KAT highly enough, delighted to answer questions of people who are contemplating this trip with small children. Do it.

4  Thank Ivan P
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thanks Ivan, it was a pleasure to share the wilderness of the Kimberley with you and your family on our 10 day private charter, I'm so glad you enjoyed the style of trip that we run.

Thanks for all the help and hard work that Vanessa, the kids and yourself put in, whilst it's not compulsory it was certainly appreciated and I think everyone got a lot more our of the experience as a result.

It was great to meet all of you guys, I had a fun time, especially getting to know the kids, I loved that both Seb and Harry pushed themselves to jump off those high cliffs into the water, I've got Anika's boa constrictor song in my head and still laugh when I think of Al's antics. They'll all have memories that last a lifetime.

The enthusiasm that you showed for everything was contagious, I came off the trip a lot more positive purely by standing near you! That's a great skill. So thank you.

Cheers. Tim.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Arranged pickup at Cable Beach (Resort). Watched strange yellow bus with Kimberley Adventure Tours logo on the side go to Cable Beach bus stop then drive away. Picked up 20 minutes later by apologetic Heath! Turns out we were lucky enough to have jagged the first Broome to Darwin run in the new vehicle (Iveco Daily 4x4 – very comfortable, lots of space). Picked up fellow travellers. A great bunch of men and women from 24 years old to me probably (62).

Headed out to Derby and The Gibb River Rd, stopped first night out by Tunnel Creek somewhere and learned firstly that we weren’t going to be stopping overnight near toilets or showers (we knew the facilities were going to be rudimentary but not quite this rudimentary!!), that we’d have our own personal swags to sleep in under the stars, and how to unpack/pack the trailer. A place for everything and everything in its place!

We ate well although I can’t remember what (some will!), but the food was great all the way. We had a little social then off for our first night in a swag in the starlight/moonlight. That night brought the first truly memorable experience of the trip. Waking up and looking up into the starry night sky was a wonderful thing, something I hadn’t done for a very long time and not in a place where there’s no city lights to interfere.

Up with the dawn. Well, nearly. Some people have a different idea of what that means apparently! Any time before 7.30 is close enough for me but I reckon we were up before that most days. A hearty breakfast, roll up our swags, wash the dishes, pack everything away and off to Tunnel Creek.

The next 8 days were very similar in terms of routine, but very different in experiences. We walked into gorges, swam under waterfalls, picked our way through loose rocks, forded streams, chased sun rises and sunsets, had close up looks at some of the wonders of the world (Bungle Bungles and Lake Argyle), annoyed snakes, took wonderful photos, made great friends and generally had a fantastic time. My wife had never been camping before never mind without facilities but she survived and had a great time (really, she did!!).

Our guide and driver, Heath, was fantastic. I picked him for a Sagittarian very early on because he was a bit bossy but he looked after us very well, showed off his bush cooking skills, modeled some interesting gear and generally kept us together and safe while letting us have fun and feel like we were part of it.

A great experience thoroughly recommended for everyone who likes an adventure and isn’t dead yet!!

David

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank DavidP9221

Hi David, thanks for the review and detailed account of your adventure, glad that Heath eventually found you at Cable Beach and that you went on to have a great trip.

I also agree that if you are not currently not dead then you should do this trip...

Reviewed 19 July 2016

This was the most amazing experience in the most amazing country. Our guide, Tommy, was cheeky and fun loving as well as responsible and caring. Our boys (10 and 12 years old) idolised him! It is an experience they (and we) will never forget. Camping under the stars with not another soul in sight was just so beautiful. We felt very well looked after with fabulous meals from a camp-oven genius and sneaky sight-seeing before the crowds and in out of the way places. Our boys were up with the sun, packing up swags and getting ready for the day. They were so excited for what each day would bring. I highly recommend this incredible tour with people who know how to really immerse you in the experience. Loved it!

Date of experience: June 2016

Howdy, so glad that you guys "loved it" and that Tommy looked after you and the kids so well.

Cheers. Tim

For other families looking at doing our tours, I made some comments about family trips in the previous review dated 17 July 2016 by Rachael B.