Kimberley Adventure Tours

from USD 1,778.51
More Info
from USD 3,151.89
More Info
All reviews bush camping amazing trip plenty of food broome shags nature knowledge outback
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This was my second kimberley adventure trip, my first was so good, I decided to come back again with my 12 year old daughter. And what a fantastic experience I had with her and the rest of the group. Tommy was an absolute legend, so considerate, motivating, fun and a genuine good aussie bloke. If i had a son, I'd want him to turn out just like Tommy!!..... We hiked, we chased waterfalls, we cooked, we laughed, we swam, we experienced Australia as it should be experienced, camping in swags under the stars. I'll be back with my other daughter when she gets to the same age.

Date of experience: June 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Hi Rachael, thanks for the review and so glad that you enjoyed the trip with your Daughter, Tommy is indeed and great guide and actually very good with kids and families, which is amazing considering he's young.

Till next time.....

Also ss this is a public forum others use to evaluate our tour I'd like to let everyone know about how kids and families fit in with our tours.

We have become quite popular with families and as a result will be nominating some future departures as "family friendly tours" these departures will be open to families and will normally coincide with Australia school holidays. At other times of the year our tours will restricted to 18+

That way if you are a family and like the idea of travelling with other families, you can join a family friendly tour, if you would rather not travel with children (shout out to all our school teachers and backpackers!) then you can select to travel at other times.

We hope to have more information about these options on our website shortly.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We had the most amazing trip from Broome to Darwin...as is the case with all of these sort of tours its who is on the tour with you and who you have as a guide that comes into play. Tommy our guide had such a wonderful relaxed way about him...we had the best of all the gorges oftentimes arriving before everyone else with the whole place to ourselves...which is how you want to experience the Kimberley. ...But he is also an excellent chef...we had the most fantastic meals, various kinds of damper,roast lamb and beautiful fresh veg,restaurant quality pork belly in orange fennel and garlic,lovely breakfast and fresh salad wraps for lunches...all above and beyond expectations and cooked in the camp oven. Loved our evening banter around the roaring fire after a days travelling and hiking swimming in waterfalls and then slipping into swag out in the open counting shooting stars in the Kimberley night sky ( another highlight). I did this trip with my daughter apart from it being a wonderful experience to share together we met some fantastic people and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone as we relaxed in each others company ..which doesnt take long when you have a communal spade called Doug for a bush toilet.
All in all thank you Tommy and Kimberley adventure tours for a wonderful experience.. we will be hard pressed to find anything like it

Date of experience: July 2016

Hi Deborah, thanks for taking the time to review our tour, so glad that enjoyed it, very special to share it with your daughter. Finding something like this trip actually just got a little easier, look out for our Perth to Broome west coast tours starting next year, maybe we'll see you again?

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

What an amazing holiday! I was nervous about bush camping, by the end of the holiday I missed the camp fires and watching the starry sky from my swag. Our guide Tommy was excellent, the dinners he cooked on the camp fire were very impressive. He was a fabulous guide and made the effort to interact and have fun with everyone in the group. We never looked at our watches once the entire trip everything just seemed to happen just right between sunrise and sunset. Such spectacular scenery getting to popular places before everyone else was great! I recommend highly and would love to do this kind of trip again
Thank you for an awesome 9 days that I'll never forget!!!

Date of experience: July 2016

Wow, how special for KAT and Tommy to be part of your "trip of a lifetime", so glad that we could help make that happen for you, it really is beautiful out there and thanks for taking the time share your experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

The 9 day journey run by Kimberley Adventure Tours was the most authentic trip I think you can find in the Top End with the beautiful scenery and rustic camping out in the bush. The tour guide, Travis was incredibly knowledgeable about the area, had excellent campfire cooking skills, and devised the most unforgettable, unique experiences as he took advantage of the flexible itinerary. Thank you KAT and Travis!

Date of experience: July 2016

No, thank you 116nadia, without fine folk like you taking the time to write reviews we'd still be in the dark ages.

Glad that you enjoyed the trip and our style of touring.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

What a relaxing and beautiful 9 day trip from Broome to Darwin we had and it wouldn't been the same without our tour guide Heath. Heath wasn't just a tour guide he made sure everyone was having good time and tried to accommodate for everyones needs, which would not been easy with the mixed group of people we had.
We saw some stunning nature; Australian outback, waterfalls, hills, rivers, caves crocodiles, snakes, wallabies etc. We swam in numerous waterfalls, ponds and lakes. The best for me was every sunrise and sunset in that amazing, quiet and vast country so if you are to go on one of these trips make sure to get up to see every sunrise and walk-up mountains to see the sunsets! This trip is photographers dream.
Sleeping under the stars in swags was a great experience and not at all as cold as I though it would been during the night time. There is a lots of driving but it was worth it to see places that I never knew existed. My tip is to take some music for the drive.
I would highly recommend to do this trip with Heath :)

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank SannaOz

Hi Sanna, thanks heaps for taking the time to review our tour, Heath is one of the hardest working guides out there and a great personality as well.

All the best and keep on truckin..

Tim