Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Honeymoon

I wasn’t quite sure what to think when my husband booked us onto a 9 day camping trip - laugh or... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Hang-yue
Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Outback experience like no other!

This tour exceeded all of my expectations. I did not know what to expect as I had never done a tour... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2018
lianethor

All reviews lake argyle bush camping bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek amazing trip awesome group whale sharks cooking skills bell gorge true bush cliff jumping cable beach roast lamb beautiful region el questro gorge
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We had the most amazing trip from Broome to Darwin...as is the case with all of these sort of tours its who is on the tour with you and who you have as a guide that comes into play. Tommy our guide had such a wonderful relaxed way about him...we had the best of all the gorges oftentimes arriving before everyone else with the whole place to ourselves...which is how you want to experience the Kimberley. ...But he is also an excellent chef...we had the most fantastic meals, various kinds of damper,roast lamb and beautiful fresh veg,restaurant quality pork belly in orange fennel and garlic,lovely breakfast and fresh salad wraps for lunches...all above and beyond expectations and cooked in the camp oven. Loved our evening banter around the roaring fire after a days travelling and hiking swimming in waterfalls and then slipping into swag out in the open counting shooting stars in the Kimberley night sky ( another highlight). I did this trip with my daughter apart from it being a wonderful experience to share together we met some fantastic people and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone as we relaxed in each others company ..which doesnt take long when you have a communal spade called Doug for a bush toilet.
All in all thank you Tommy and Kimberley adventure tours for a wonderful experience.. we will be hard pressed to find anything like it

Date of experience: July 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Hi Deborah, thanks for taking the time to review our tour, so glad that enjoyed it, very special to share it with your daughter. Finding something like this trip actually just got a little easier, look out for our Perth to Broome west coast tours starting next year, maybe we'll see you again?

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

What an amazing holiday! I was nervous about bush camping, by the end of the holiday I missed the camp fires and watching the starry sky from my swag. Our guide Tommy was excellent, the dinners he cooked on the camp fire were very impressive. He was a fabulous guide and made the effort to interact and have fun with everyone in the group. We never looked at our watches once the entire trip everything just seemed to happen just right between sunrise and sunset. Such spectacular scenery getting to popular places before everyone else was great! I recommend highly and would love to do this kind of trip again
Thank you for an awesome 9 days that I'll never forget!!!

Date of experience: July 2016

Wow, how special for KAT and Tommy to be part of your "trip of a lifetime", so glad that we could help make that happen for you, it really is beautiful out there and thanks for taking the time share your experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

The 9 day journey run by Kimberley Adventure Tours was the most authentic trip I think you can find in the Top End with the beautiful scenery and rustic camping out in the bush. The tour guide, Travis was incredibly knowledgeable about the area, had excellent campfire cooking skills, and devised the most unforgettable, unique experiences as he took advantage of the flexible itinerary. Thank you KAT and Travis!

Date of experience: July 2016

No, thank you 116nadia, without fine folk like you taking the time to write reviews we'd still be in the dark ages.

Glad that you enjoyed the trip and our style of touring.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

What a relaxing and beautiful 9 day trip from Broome to Darwin we had and it wouldn't been the same without our tour guide Heath. Heath wasn't just a tour guide he made sure everyone was having good time and tried to accommodate for everyones needs, which would not been easy with the mixed group of people we had.
We saw some stunning nature; Australian outback, waterfalls, hills, rivers, caves crocodiles, snakes, wallabies etc. We swam in numerous waterfalls, ponds and lakes. The best for me was every sunrise and sunset in that amazing, quiet and vast country so if you are to go on one of these trips make sure to get up to see every sunrise and walk-up mountains to see the sunsets! This trip is photographers dream.
Sleeping under the stars in swags was a great experience and not at all as cold as I though it would been during the night time. There is a lots of driving but it was worth it to see places that I never knew existed. My tip is to take some music for the drive.
I would highly recommend to do this trip with Heath :)

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank SannaOz

Hi Sanna, thanks heaps for taking the time to review our tour, Heath is one of the hardest working guides out there and a great personality as well.

All the best and keep on truckin..

Tim

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I recently did the Broome to Darwin tour with my best friend and had the time of my life. My only advice to anyone considering this tour and this company is DO IT!
So many beautiful places to see, and the whole journey is a massive adventure. I'd never been proper bush camping but absolutely loved it. KAT gives you the opportunity to stay in places off the beaten track (that you otherwise wouldn't be able to access), which really adds to the authenticity of your outback experience. We slept with our swags in tents made of mosquito mesh so we were protected from creepy crawlies but still had a beautiful view of the stars. Falling asleep under the absolutely stunning outback night sky and waking up to gorgeous sunrises is a pretty hard experience to beat!
The food was great, and far exceeded my expectations of bush cooking. My friend and both required a gluten free diet and were well and truly catered for.
Our guide Travis was fantastic - he was super experienced and we always knew we were in safe hands. His knowledge of the areas we visited was truly impressive, as was his ability to answer all the random extra questions we threw at him! Apart from all that, he was very genuine and down to earth - easy to have a laugh with and made everyone feel comfortable.

I absolutely can't recommend KAT highly enough! Our experience was unforgettable and we wish we could do it again! Worth every cent.

Date of experience: June 2016

Hi Caiti, so glad you had a great time on tour and thanks for the review and recommending us, I agree 100% that "Falling asleep under the absolutely stunning outback night sky and waking up to gorgeous sunrises is a pretty hard experience to beat!" - Everyone needs to add that activity to their bucket list.

Safe travels. Tim