Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Beyond Words

Kimberley Adventure Tours offers an incredible and unrivalled Kimberley experience. Private bush... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Beth F
Hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! Truly life-changing! 🌿

This tour is hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! I’ve done loads of tours all over the world... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2023
Aus_traveller_9081
Perth, Australia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Darwin
More Info
All reviews bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek bell gorge rock jumping camping experience edith falls broome shags tim
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2016

The 9 day journey run by Kimberley Adventure Tours was the most authentic trip I think you can find in the Top End with the beautiful scenery and rustic camping out in the bush. The tour guide, Travis was incredibly knowledgeable about the area, had excellent campfire cooking skills, and devised the most unforgettable, unique experiences as he took advantage of the flexible itinerary. Thank you KAT and Travis!

Date of experience: July 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

No, thank you 116nadia, without fine folk like you taking the time to write reviews we'd still be in the dark ages.

Glad that you enjoyed the trip and our style of touring.

Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 16 July 2016

What a relaxing and beautiful 9 day trip from Broome to Darwin we had and it wouldn't been the same without our tour guide Heath. Heath wasn't just a tour guide he made sure everyone was having good time and tried to accommodate for everyones needs, which would not been easy with the mixed group of people we had.
We saw some stunning nature; Australian outback, waterfalls, hills, rivers, caves crocodiles, snakes, wallabies etc. We swam in numerous waterfalls, ponds and lakes. The best for me was every sunrise and sunset in that amazing, quiet and vast country so if you are to go on one of these trips make sure to get up to see every sunrise and walk-up mountains to see the sunsets! This trip is photographers dream.
Sleeping under the stars in swags was a great experience and not at all as cold as I though it would been during the night time. There is a lots of driving but it was worth it to see places that I never knew existed. My tip is to take some music for the drive.
I would highly recommend to do this trip with Heath :)

1  Thank SannaOz

Hi Sanna, thanks heaps for taking the time to review our tour, Heath is one of the hardest working guides out there and a great personality as well.

All the best and keep on truckin..

Tim

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I recently did the Broome to Darwin tour with my best friend and had the time of my life. My only advice to anyone considering this tour and this company is DO IT!
So many beautiful places to see, and the whole journey is a massive adventure. I'd never been proper bush camping but absolutely loved it. KAT gives you the opportunity to stay in places off the beaten track (that you otherwise wouldn't be able to access), which really adds to the authenticity of your outback experience. We slept with our swags in tents made of mosquito mesh so we were protected from creepy crawlies but still had a beautiful view of the stars. Falling asleep under the absolutely stunning outback night sky and waking up to gorgeous sunrises is a pretty hard experience to beat!
The food was great, and far exceeded my expectations of bush cooking. My friend and both required a gluten free diet and were well and truly catered for.
Our guide Travis was fantastic - he was super experienced and we always knew we were in safe hands. His knowledge of the areas we visited was truly impressive, as was his ability to answer all the random extra questions we threw at him! Apart from all that, he was very genuine and down to earth - easy to have a laugh with and made everyone feel comfortable.

I absolutely can't recommend KAT highly enough! Our experience was unforgettable and we wish we could do it again! Worth every cent.

Date of experience: June 2016

Hi Caiti, so glad you had a great time on tour and thanks for the review and recommending us, I agree 100% that "Falling asleep under the absolutely stunning outback night sky and waking up to gorgeous sunrises is a pretty hard experience to beat!" - Everyone needs to add that activity to their bucket list.

Safe travels. Tim

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This was such a fantastic trip! Our guide Travis exceeded all expectations, finding out of the way spots for us and always making an effort to add that something special to the trip. You could tell that a lot of thought had been put into choosing the right places for us to really enjoy the experience. His knowledge of, and respect for, Aboriginal culture and the geology of the area was inspiring. I loved everything about this trip - the travel style (swags, bush camps, walks e.t.c.), the country and history, food, the company, the walks and swims - and how easy it was to see such incredible places in such a great way. Thank you!

Date of experience: July 2016

Howdy, thanks for the great review, I appreciate you taking the time and thanks for noting Travis's skills and the effort we take to get you to the good spots.

Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I really recommend this trip with KAT. There is something special about "doing it rough" in the Kimberley - setting up at a remote camp site, eating around a fire and sleeping in a swag under the stars surrounded by no-one else apart from a few salties...

I enjoyed the challenge of discovering what I could learn to live without - no daily shower or cappuccino and bush toilets. I particularly loved swimming at Bell and Manning Gorge and the entire Lake Argyle Experience (boat cruise, BBQ and Camp). I didn't think the walking was particularly arduous and travelling in the troop carrier The 'Colonel Mustard' was more comfortable than I was expecting.

Our guide Heath made a real effort to get us up in time for some stunning sunrises, sunsets and to see Echidna Chasm in the best light. He also kept us well fed with plenty of raisin bread and a different food theme every night. Thanks Heath!

All in all it was lots of fun - a really great trip!

1  Thank helen l
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Hi Helen, thanks for the review and so glad that you enjoyed your trip with tour guide Heath, he has a great eye for photography and knows all about light and the right times to see the amazing spots of the Kimberley. Cheers. Tim