Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Beyond Words

Kimberley Adventure Tours offers an incredible and unrivalled Kimberley experience. Private bush... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Beth F
Hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! Truly life-changing! 🌿

This tour is hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! I’ve done loads of tours all over the world... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2023
Aus_traveller_9081
Perth, Australia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Darwin
More Info
All reviews bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek bell gorge rock jumping camping experience edith falls broome shags tim
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I recently did the Broome to Darwin tour with my best friend and had the time of my life. My only advice to anyone considering this tour and this company is DO IT!
So many beautiful places to see, and the whole journey is a massive adventure. I'd never been proper bush camping but absolutely loved it. KAT gives you the opportunity to stay in places off the beaten track (that you otherwise wouldn't be able to access), which really adds to the authenticity of your outback experience. We slept with our swags in tents made of mosquito mesh so we were protected from creepy crawlies but still had a beautiful view of the stars. Falling asleep under the absolutely stunning outback night sky and waking up to gorgeous sunrises is a pretty hard experience to beat!
The food was great, and far exceeded my expectations of bush cooking. My friend and both required a gluten free diet and were well and truly catered for.
Our guide Travis was fantastic - he was super experienced and we always knew we were in safe hands. His knowledge of the areas we visited was truly impressive, as was his ability to answer all the random extra questions we threw at him! Apart from all that, he was very genuine and down to earth - easy to have a laugh with and made everyone feel comfortable.

I absolutely can't recommend KAT highly enough! Our experience was unforgettable and we wish we could do it again! Worth every cent.

Date of experience: June 2016
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Hi Caiti, so glad you had a great time on tour and thanks for the review and recommending us, I agree 100% that "Falling asleep under the absolutely stunning outback night sky and waking up to gorgeous sunrises is a pretty hard experience to beat!" - Everyone needs to add that activity to their bucket list.

Safe travels. Tim

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This was such a fantastic trip! Our guide Travis exceeded all expectations, finding out of the way spots for us and always making an effort to add that something special to the trip. You could tell that a lot of thought had been put into choosing the right places for us to really enjoy the experience. His knowledge of, and respect for, Aboriginal culture and the geology of the area was inspiring. I loved everything about this trip - the travel style (swags, bush camps, walks e.t.c.), the country and history, food, the company, the walks and swims - and how easy it was to see such incredible places in such a great way. Thank you!

Date of experience: July 2016

Howdy, thanks for the great review, I appreciate you taking the time and thanks for noting Travis's skills and the effort we take to get you to the good spots.

Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I really recommend this trip with KAT. There is something special about "doing it rough" in the Kimberley - setting up at a remote camp site, eating around a fire and sleeping in a swag under the stars surrounded by no-one else apart from a few salties...

I enjoyed the challenge of discovering what I could learn to live without - no daily shower or cappuccino and bush toilets. I particularly loved swimming at Bell and Manning Gorge and the entire Lake Argyle Experience (boat cruise, BBQ and Camp). I didn't think the walking was particularly arduous and travelling in the troop carrier The 'Colonel Mustard' was more comfortable than I was expecting.

Our guide Heath made a real effort to get us up in time for some stunning sunrises, sunsets and to see Echidna Chasm in the best light. He also kept us well fed with plenty of raisin bread and a different food theme every night. Thanks Heath!

All in all it was lots of fun - a really great trip!

1  Thank helen l
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Hi Helen, thanks for the review and so glad that you enjoyed your trip with tour guide Heath, he has a great eye for photography and knows all about light and the right times to see the amazing spots of the Kimberley. Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Just wanted to say a big thanks to our guide, Heath and KAT for putting on such an awesome tour for me and my mate on our trip from Darwin to Broome. Everything was better than we had expected. The itinerary was just right, with enough time to see plenty of amazing sites as well plenty of chill time swimming in waterholes and adventuring off the beaten track a bit. The food was great and with everyone participating in preparing the meals, it is a great way to get to know the people that you are spending the next 9 days with. We had a great bunch of people that we were travelling with, led by the guide Heath who really knew his stuff and made everyone feel welcome and included in all of the activities. The trekking wasn't too hard which was great, as I was more keen to get to beautiful places and chill out and enjoy the spot than to get a work-out!! Ending in Broome with a salt-water swim in the Indian Ocean and one of the best sunsets that I have seen in my life is the way to go! Overall, one of the best trips that I have ever done in my life, and I would really recommend it to anyone looking to see that part of Australia!

Date of experience: June 2016

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the review and glad that you enjoyed the trip and Heath's guiding, just did the Cable Beach sunset myself the other day, it's hard to beat! All the best. Tim

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Tom we can't thank you enough for the passionate , personable and professional manner in which you guided us and our group through some of the most beautiful parts of Australia.
Under your guide we have a new appreciation for the unique beauty of our amazing country and indigenous culture , both past and present , and we will be forever grateful for the experience.
As a reluctant camper I was initially unsure about a trip like this but you were always considerate and empathetic towards the needs of your tour go-ers and we are all so grateful you were our guide.
I thoroughly recommend this tour ...expect early starts, somewhat challenging hikes, limited showers, to sleep in swags under the stars, many hours on dusty long roads, and from time to time to be a little uncomfortable but what an unforgettable and amazing experience - I wouldn't change a thing.
Our children miss hanging out with you!
THANK YOU TOM. You are an asset to KAT.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank 726pruet

Hi Prue, thanks for the review and praise for Tommy, he's a great guide and we are lucky to have someone who is so enthusiastic about sharing the Kimberley and all it has to offer. Cheers. Tim