Kimberley Adventure Tours
Review Highlights
Beyond Words

Kimberley Adventure Tours offers an incredible and unrivalled Kimberley experience. Private bush... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Beth F
Hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! Truly life-changing! 🌿

This tour is hands down the best tour I’ve ever done! I’ve done loads of tours all over the world... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2023
Aus_traveller_9081
Perth, Australia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Darwin
More Info
All reviews bungle bungles camp fire manning gorge tunnel creek bell gorge rock jumping camping experience edith falls broome shags tim
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I really recommend this trip with KAT. There is something special about "doing it rough" in the Kimberley - setting up at a remote camp site, eating around a fire and sleeping in a swag under the stars surrounded by no-one else apart from a few salties...

I enjoyed the challenge of discovering what I could learn to live without - no daily shower or cappuccino and bush toilets. I particularly loved swimming at Bell and Manning Gorge and the entire Lake Argyle Experience (boat cruise, BBQ and Camp). I didn't think the walking was particularly arduous and travelling in the troop carrier The 'Colonel Mustard' was more comfortable than I was expecting.

Our guide Heath made a real effort to get us up in time for some stunning sunrises, sunsets and to see Echidna Chasm in the best light. He also kept us well fed with plenty of raisin bread and a different food theme every night. Thanks Heath!

All in all it was lots of fun - a really great trip!

1  Thank helen l
KimberleyAdventures, Owner at Kimberley Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Hi Helen, thanks for the review and so glad that you enjoyed your trip with tour guide Heath, he has a great eye for photography and knows all about light and the right times to see the amazing spots of the Kimberley. Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Just wanted to say a big thanks to our guide, Heath and KAT for putting on such an awesome tour for me and my mate on our trip from Darwin to Broome. Everything was better than we had expected. The itinerary was just right, with enough time to see plenty of amazing sites as well plenty of chill time swimming in waterholes and adventuring off the beaten track a bit. The food was great and with everyone participating in preparing the meals, it is a great way to get to know the people that you are spending the next 9 days with. We had a great bunch of people that we were travelling with, led by the guide Heath who really knew his stuff and made everyone feel welcome and included in all of the activities. The trekking wasn't too hard which was great, as I was more keen to get to beautiful places and chill out and enjoy the spot than to get a work-out!! Ending in Broome with a salt-water swim in the Indian Ocean and one of the best sunsets that I have seen in my life is the way to go! Overall, one of the best trips that I have ever done in my life, and I would really recommend it to anyone looking to see that part of Australia!

Date of experience: June 2016

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the review and glad that you enjoyed the trip and Heath's guiding, just did the Cable Beach sunset myself the other day, it's hard to beat! All the best. Tim

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Tom we can't thank you enough for the passionate , personable and professional manner in which you guided us and our group through some of the most beautiful parts of Australia.
Under your guide we have a new appreciation for the unique beauty of our amazing country and indigenous culture , both past and present , and we will be forever grateful for the experience.
As a reluctant camper I was initially unsure about a trip like this but you were always considerate and empathetic towards the needs of your tour go-ers and we are all so grateful you were our guide.
I thoroughly recommend this tour ...expect early starts, somewhat challenging hikes, limited showers, to sleep in swags under the stars, many hours on dusty long roads, and from time to time to be a little uncomfortable but what an unforgettable and amazing experience - I wouldn't change a thing.
Our children miss hanging out with you!
THANK YOU TOM. You are an asset to KAT.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank 726pruet

Hi Prue, thanks for the review and praise for Tommy, he's a great guide and we are lucky to have someone who is so enthusiastic about sharing the Kimberley and all it has to offer. Cheers. Tim

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Kimberley Adventure Tours - a 'great setup'! This was one of the best tours we've ever done.
As a newly wed and about to set off on my honeymoon, I was a little concerned after reading the very honest warnings about the tour from the tour company prior to departing! That said, the lack of facilities on our remote outback campsites, the 4am wakeup calls to see beautiful sunrises, the hikes through spikey grass to see stunning sunsets, the treks in the heat to the isolated gorges for swims, the wildlife, the boat trips, the great BBQ food, the island party, the people, the Land Cruiser, the views..... made this trip a truly memorable experience and the best end to my honeymoon. Couple this with an amazing tour guide, chef, photographer, driver, videographer, Heath Whiley, the tour exceeded all expectations. What this tour lacks in glamour, it makes up for in adventure and fun. I would highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: May 2016

Wow, what a way to spend a Honeymoon, shame we couldn't have provided a Honey Moon suite double swag! Pumped that our little tour could be part of this special time. Good luck. Tim

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Wow!! What can I say, had such a great trip through The Kimberley, I only wish it was longer. Being back in civilisation now I just want to go back! We had such a great group of people on our trip, especially our tour guide Heath and his sidekick Jeremy! Nothing was a problem for Heath and he always had everyones best interests at heart. But what an amazing countryside and to do it in our beast of a truck and camp in such remote places, you can't really beat it! Loved every minute of it (there may even be some video footage to prove it). I would 100% recommend this trip, you get to cover some pretty amazing places and you don't feel rushed! I loved ending in Broome doing sunset on the beach with our crew! I would also like to thank Tim for being so helpful and friendly while booking this, everything was too easy! Hope to get back out there sooner rather than later!! JoJo

1  Thank J0f83

Howdy, thanks for the great review of your trip and your tour guide Heath.

Also a mention for me as well! Thank you for recognising the effort that takes place behind the scenes, it's nice to be appreciated.

All the best and we'll see you back out in the Kimberley soon.

Cheers. Tim