2 people are viewing this hotel
Hilton
Earn Hilton Honours Points
Get rewarded with One Key
1,196 results
All reviews the executive lounge valet parking hotel is centrally located mitchell street buffet breakfast harbour view excellent location an upgrade the air conditioning doreen gym foyer australia coles cbd kakadu pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2021 via mobile

First time stay at Darwin Hilton despite being a local and checked in weekend just gone. Was a combination of celebrating a special occassion and staycation.

I liked the decor in the lobby area and the lobby lounge had a good ambience to it. Staff were friendly and acknowledged/smiled everytime we crossed paths. I was upgraded to an executive room on top floor harbour views, shame visibility was spoilt by the weather. The room was spacious enough, clean and tidy. Walked into the room to find a croc made from towel, thought it was pretty cool. Didn't use the faciilites (eg. Pool or gym) so can't comment on those. Got in late for breakfast but it was a decent one and just love the pancake machine. Shame exec lounge wasnt opened (but I knew that when I booked) but did get a couple of complimentary mini bar items - looking forward to the exec lounge next time. Great service at the restaurant in the evening.

Opportunities wise, I would have to suggest better recognition for Diamomd members. Check-in felt a bit slow so potentially a dedicated checkin for gold/diamond members would be good, but also understand it may just have been a busy time and/or staffing impacted by covid. The lift felt a bit old school and didnt match the look and feel of the hotel. Whilst room nice and tidy, there was a peeling wallpaper albeit a corner, but noticeable. The dinner was a just average pork belly was over cooked and linguini could do with more flavour, but again it was during a busy period though.

All in all a great stay and already planning next staycation, looking forward to the exec lounge. Thanks!

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank S5089FCcc
Hilton Northern Territory, General Manager at Hilton Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Dear S5089FCcc,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience here.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, by the look of it we have some room for improvement before we make a 5 out of 5.
Feedback such as this goes along way in helping with possible costly upgrades and I thank you for your honesty!

Please be assured that I will share your feedback with the team to ensure we can provide a higher level of service to all our valued guests. Also we are happy to inform you that our Executive Lounge has finally reopened.

I do hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back to the Top End soon with a much better service from our end!

Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

The hotel itself is rather beautiful, however its rather inconvenient if you smoke they have no balcony. the wifi is also not free in a time where most hotels it is entertainment is limited to only TV which is boring and with no wifi access its even more difficult to entertain yourself unless you’re will to use your own data at your expense. This hotel gets a 2 star from me simply because the hotel itself is beautiful if not for that i would never reccomend staying here, there are better places up the road that are much more convenient and entertaining

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Harry-the-critic,

Please let me apologies that this stay did not meet your expectation; I only wish I was made aware of these issues when you were still with us as I would have done all I could to improve your stay.

In terms of WiFi, signing up as a Hilton Honors member would've been the best solution for this. We will make sure that all guests will be made aware of this moving forward.

In the meantime, I appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

Stayed there for work and found the staff and service good. Hotel was clean and reasonably priced. Disappointed that they charge $35 to valet park my car which was in the same place which I left it the night before.

Room tip: Don’t valet park
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 4thecustomer

Dear 4thecustomer,

Thank you for the hotel review and it's great to read that you've enjoyed your time with us making note of the most importance the great service from the team.

Also we apologise if the valet parking charges did not make sense to you, unfortunately this is the only parking option we have considering the hotel location in CBD.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

The breakfast was amazing as they have the byo fresh juice available which was really interesting. Dinner was okay, scallops was the bomb tho. Steak was a but dry but luckily the server whose named Apple apologised and very attentive then made us happy about the whole experience. Thanks to her.

1  Thank 783ericak

Dear 783ericak,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience here.

I am glad that one of my team members, Apple was able to make it right for your dinner experience. Scallops are indeed a favourite dish at our signature PepperBerry Restaurant. We do have more to offer at PepperBerry as a dining destination in Darwin and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards

Reviewed 11 January 2021

The lobby was beautiful. The staff were impressive. The restaurant boasted an amazing buffet, the options were great. However you could see where they've spent money to impress, and where they havent. You could tell the building was old. The shower was good. I slept awful. Not everyone wants to sleep with a crunchy thick doona.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank amyrose0605
Hilton Northern Territory, General Manager at Hilton Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Dear amyrose0605,

Thank you for the feedback and we are working towards to improve the room amenities and quality overall.