“Misleading information”

Beale's BedFish & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darwin
Beale's BedFish & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 17 Darwin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Information about the splendour of the rooms on the website is very misleading! We stayed in the Lodge Room which does not have its own palm garden, it has a few old trees outside the bathroom window! The room was dark and small, no longer has two sets of bunk beds and there are 6 of us. We arrived during the night and only 5 beds were prepared so our 10 year old had to share ours. An extra bed was produced next day but we could then barely move in the room. The bedding was horrible and the bed incredibly uncomfortable - the website mentions pillow top bed - more like sleeping on an egg tray! We paid extra for two of our children as we had 6 in the room, so value was poor. Breakfast was DIY "bread's in the freezer" - toast and orange juice drink. I've never felt inspried to write a review before but this time I felt I must let people know to stay somewhere else unless you want to go fishing! Heather was very welcoming and kind, but that is about all that can be said for it. Convenient to airport which was why I booked it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Alice R
Allan B, Owner at Beale's BedFish & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Alice I thank you for your comments. Sorry it has taken so long for a response, we should get on here more often.Yes you are correct Heather is very welcoming and kind as are all our staff.
Your other comments I believe are a matter of opinion and we respect every persons opinion that comes through our doors, unfortunately it is a fact of life that you can only please half of the people half of the time. The lodge room has a palm garden right outside it's front door as well as the palm garden outside the toilet which has been planted strategicaly to offer you privacy from other guests using the pool area. I do dispute your claim that the Lodge room is small, in fact I believe it to be quite spacious for a room that can sleep 5. I also refute your claim that only 5 beds were prepared, I do believe that the sixth bed was prepared and ready to go however this bed is a trundle bed and was tucked in under the the king single ensemble so as not to cause an impedence to your early morning check-in of 4:45am. Ideally we should have had this bed set up and ready for use, and this is something that we will look at improving on. It was simply a matter of rolling the trundle bed out from under the king single ensemble and you would have been good to go. This was achieved at the earliest possible convenience. Choosing bedding that suits everybody is one of the hardest tasks for an accommodation venue to undertake. We are very sorry that you found our bedding to be uncomfortable, We have to cater for the masses and we have had plenty of other people say they have had an enjoyable nights sleep on those exact beds. This is purely a matter of personal opinion on your behalf.
I make no qualms that our breakfast is "DIY' as you state, I prefer "self-serve" prsonally, and this fact would most likely have been stated to you as you booked. If it was not we most humbly appologise.
It is my opinion that people are all too easily compelled to write a negative "review" nowadays with the advent of social media, we do have a book full of positive testimonials here at our accommodation, yet it is proven to be harder to get these people who have truly enjoyed their stay to post their comments on sites such as this. This is something we will look at promoting in the future.
Lastly, yes we are convenient to the airport and this was your stated reason that you booked with us, you did not state you were looking for luxury resort accommmodation, although you could have obtained that elsewhere had you wished at a considerably higher cost. We did our very best to meet your requirements within reason and provide you with an enjoyable comfortable stay. I believe as do many others, we offer comfortable affordable home-style accommodation within close proximity to the airport.
Thank you again Alice for your opinions, all manner of opinions help us to improve.