Lowest prices for your stay
Official Hotel
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
No prepayment needed
StayForLong
AU$96
All reviews pub attached ve stayed here decent size pool area is easy walk upgrades
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2023

I was kicked out of the downstairs pub by the manager because I had smoked medical marijuana for my chronic back pain. I was in the middle of a conversation with my co-worker. Not very happy with this treatment

Room tip: Don't be a sick jar bong head
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2023

The hotel is rated above its true value. Rooms dirty windows has not been cleaned for some time. The cleaners do not vacuum as a cockroach is still there after 3 day's. Receptionists not bad. Would not recommend this place to my friends. Sorry Darwin

Room tip: Don't book
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2023

Did not receive the bond money back when I was told ( full refund) that the funds were refunded. I rang multiple times and had no help whatsoever. I was Kept getting put on hold. Won’t be coming back here again.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2023

We got asked to pay an extra $100 at the desk upon check in so that they can hold our card in case of room damages. We checked out on a Monday morning and got told that the $100 would be back by Tuesday as Monday was a public holiday. After days of not having this money back we called only to get told that it actually takes 10 days to go back into our account, which is very different to what we got told upon check out. We understand having to keep a card on file to cover any room damages etc but blatantly lying to guests is not great, if we had of known this prior to booking we would not have stayed here as $100 is a lot to lose on a holiday. customer service said there is nothing they would do as they never took our money from our account and released it when they promised, but they didn’t explain that the turn around is actually a full 10 days. Every other hotel I’ve stayed at has only ever charged a $1 card holding fee.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2022 via mobile

Ok so this hotel is not romantic and is dated. But if you’re not expecting too much it’s fine. This time the aircon in my room was dripping water so they moved me.
I’ve stayed here a lot and I believe it should be cheaper, but it’s ok. Free parking, good Aussie pub downstairs and you can grab a scooter and ride into town.
Compare prices to other nearby hotels and you’ll soon see it’s on the cheaper side, so unfair to compare with 4-5star in a bigger price bracket.
In peak season nothing is cheap in Darwin.

Room tip: Avoid ground floor as the carpark looks straight into your window.
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Dustin Kochen, Owner at Frontier Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2022

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are sorry to hear about the aircon, however glad that the team addressed this quickly and moved you to a new room. We are pleased that you enjoy staying with us, and value the location and hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm Regards, Frontier Hotel.