All reviews small pool coles pubs laundry ensuite
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I've stayed in this hotel three times now. Each time has been at the end of a long cruise in PNG or Indonesia. As such, I only stay here for the day while waiting for a night flight back home to Bali. The cost is reasonable for what you get.

The rooms are clean with AC and en suite. There's a small refrigerator, a little TV mounted on the wall, a comfortable bed. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. This place can be a little noisy during the day (I've never stayed overnight so I don't know how it is at night), but that has never really bothered me.

For me the main things that I like about the hotel are the location and the price. The location is great; it's right in the center of the backpacker area so there are many restaurants around, as well as a few good bars that have smoking areas for us smokers. It's just a short walk to the shops for last minute souvenir buying.

This is my place to stay when I have a short stay in Darwin.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank drbrucepk
Sheena M, General Manager at Value Inn Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi drbrucepk,

Thank you for your review we are pleased to read that you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to seeign you the next time you are in Darwin.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Save your $67 and sleep on a bench-could be cleaner and safer. There was a fire in a room with the fire alarm meaning we evacuated to the car park. No fire Marshall’s,no safety instructions, no interest by the rude staff who left the fire scene to sort out a brawl in their bar. The rooms reminded me of what a sleazy brothel may look like. Wasn’t keen to shower in the bathroom and did find a stray hair on the bed linen. Noisy, smelly and very concerned about the chance of catching a disease. Backpackers smoking all sorts in the public areas, crusty bits in shower, one speed noisy aircon I could go on.The door privacy card was held together by a bandaid.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank JenniT57
Sheena M, Manager at Value Inn Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi JenniT57,

It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Value Inn, however, I have reviewed the fire incident to which you refer, and I feel the need to respond. We had a number of staff on duty that night as the incident occurred during a shift change over, and our live-in staff also attended and communicated with fire department. It is unfortunate that a fire took place during you stay, but you cannot fairly complain about needing to evacuate when clearly there was a fire and our evacuation processes were undertaken in a timely manner. There our maintenance manager remained onsite at all times, while other staff attended to an issue at a neighboring property for which they are also responsible. I completely reject any suggestion that the staff were rude and unhelpful. In fact, despite providing professional and repeated assistance, a number of my staff were not given the respect and thanks they deserved.
In terms of the general demeanor of the property, it would appear that your travel agent has not appraised themselves of the nature of our location and facilities in providing you with an accommodation solution. Perhaps our style of accommodation was not suited to your needs. For price, we offer good value central accommodation.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This hotel is connected with the hostel Melaleuca on Mitchell with a common reception at night. The pool at Melaleuca is small but nice and have a bar within 5 meters of the pool. Nice.
The location is the reason to choose this hostel as the rooms are basic but good to sleep in.
The staff is nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank KjellAkeAlmroth

Hello,

Thank you for your review of Value Inn, Darwin we are please that you enjoyed staying with us and using the facilities at our property next door.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Jenny is the best service manager we have ever met! The hotel could not be in a better location. The service is excellent, the pools are excellent, the rooms are clean, the security is excellent, the whole place is just relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John D

HI John D,

Thank you for your lovely feedback of Jenny. She was very pleased to read that she was able to assist you and that you loved the location.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The hotel is as the name suggests - but without any! Horrible customer service and poorly cleaned rooms and very loud rattling AC unit- cockroaches in cupboards, in the bathroom and even around the bed! I booked through an online booking service - it still took three days to get my money back when the management refused to believe me about the roaches - soon changed their mind after I showed the booking site the photo's!

Stayed: November 2017
3  Thank Dan G

Hi Dan G,

Thank you for your review of Value Inn, Darwin. We were disappointed to read about your experience while staying with us. We do have a strict pest control program in place within the building to stop pest from occupying the room. Unfortunately they also love our tropical environment but I am sure you will be happy to read that we resolved the problem once we were aware it existed.