Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
399lindsayj
Kingston, Australia

Nice resort with very friendly staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Aug 2021
This is a large property and we stayed for five nights. Our room was initially on the first floor overlooking the roof of the car park, which was not very nice. Another guest said we should ask if we could move and this was readily done to a much nicer room on the third floor with a view of the gardens and beach.
Both rooms were quite nice and clean with generous bathrooms.
The resort is virtually next door to the famous Mindil Beach market.
Date of stay: August 2021
Room Tip: Room 303 had a nice view
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$192
    AU$246
View more hotels in Darwin
1,111 results
All reviews lagoon pool swim up bar mindil beach il piatto dragon court spa bath chinese restaurant mindil markets the ground floor cullen bay vue sandbar cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly concierge named Pablo, he was able to give great insight into activities we could do around the local area. After staying only one night we decided to extend our stay and upgrade our room to the lagoon suite, I would highly recommend doing this if you have the opportunity. As it was peak season there were no rooms available however Pablo again helped us out by contacting us as soon as someone had cancelled ultimately saving our vacation.

Great amenities, very friendly staff, excellent food and overall experience was great!

Room tip: Get to the infinity pool at 6.00pm to enjoy a spectacular sunset!
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at the resort, rooms were clean and comfortable though a little dated. Food options were all very good. The pool is the feature piece of this place, stunning views and in the morning beautifully tranquil but... in the afternoon the DJ starts and the numerous people come into the pool who don’t appear to be guests, bringing vibes that would be more accustomed to a bucks party in Kota. Disappointing given the premium prices you have to pay to stay at the hotel, would suggest the pool stays reserved for hotel guests.

2  Thank N2346PQbent
Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Booked a night at Darwin Casino Resort.
The pools and facilities are amazing. Loved the lagoon pool with swim up bar.
The staff are very friendly too.
Room was nice however the air conditioner is noisy and didn’t work properly the condensation and dampness in room was shocking, the floor became very slippery had to dry it with sheets. Even our clothes became damp.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank jodieleeners
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights at Mindil Beach resort in July. I had high hopes as I saw the pictures of this beautiful resort online so I was so excited. I travel to Darwin once a year but had never stayed there before.
First of all the room was old and tired and in need of a Reno. The air con did not work in my room and either did the tv. I complained about the aircon to reception the first night but they said they would have to wait till morning for maintenance to have a look at it. So I had an uncomfortable 1st night sleep.
The next day it still
Was not fixed by 5pm so I called again and they sent concierge up with a temp gauge which recorded 27 degrees. I demanded to be moved but they said that there were no spare rooms and the best they could do was find some spare fans. I was not happy with this and asked to speak to a manger. In the end they found another room
For me which was not as big as the one I previously had but at least the aircon worked. And the tv!! But In my new room
The bathroom door was stuck and never shut plus only one light worked in the bathroom so it was so dark. Also I had to ask 3 times for my room to be made up as housekeeping did not clean it the day before.
The management did send a free bottle of champagne up to my room and a card apologising for all the issues but I don’t drink alcohol so it was wasted in me. It would have been nicer to get a free meal or discount on my bill. Overall the only good thing was the lagoon pool. I enjoyed that.
Otherwise the service and amenities were poor for the price you were paying.
I will not be staying here when next in Darwin.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank capepat
Reviewed 13 July 2021 via mobile

This is a good hotel and likely one of the best in Darwin. The staff ate generally very well trained (especially reception and housekeeping) and it has the facilities you’d expect of a property within a lot of ‘stars’. The bedroom I had (superior spa room) was good - slightly damp smelling on arrival but much more nicely fragranced thereafter! The spa bath was great and the TV had multiple channels and pay movies. Wifi was OK when I arrived but rapidly deteriorated as more people checked in and went online.
The weakest part is the restaurant service, especially at breakfast. The one breakfast I did have was just about OK but you could have had better at a local cafe. The following day, I couldn’t get breakfast at all at the hotel (was advised of a 40 minute wait to get anything) and was advised by reception to walk to a local cafe - which I did and was great (Eva’s at the botanic gardens) and so went there every subsequent day.
This is a casino and resort and so popular with locals. On a very bright sunny Sunday, the pool/bar area was totally over-run with locals and there was absolutely nowhere for hotel residents to sit and it was really unpleasant to try to swim in the pool while people just stood in it drinking beer. I ended up sat on a bench just outside the resort facing the beach.
Overall, I think the hotel does need a few quiet areas for residents to relax in, away from the other business operation (gambling and hospitality).
That said, this was a good experience and the part of the hotel where I was staying was quiet and peaceful.

Date of stay: June 2021