Lowest prices for your stay
AU$235
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Dan
Terrible service
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Sept 2020
Great spot for a chilled Sunday sesh, but go somewhere else if you want a drink.

Que for the bar at the pool is 20 to 30 minutes even just for cans of beer. Only 3x bar staff for an area with between 150 and 200 people most of which are ordering cocktails, and all of the staff look like they are moving in slooow motion. Tried to get drinks at a nearby bar inside but they do not serve anything that can be taken outside.

Real money making potential absolutely wasted. Hit Mitchell street instead.
Date of stay: September 2020Trip type: Travelled with friends
7.1 km from Mindil Beach Casino Resort
    AU$176
View more hotels in Darwin
1,098 results
All reviews lagoon pool swim up bar mindil beach il piatto dragon court spa bath chinese restaurant mindil markets the ground floor cullen bay vue sandbar cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

I made my first ever visit to Darwin and The Northern Territory in the middle of August this year. The idea of warm weather to escape a proper winter in the southern states seemed very alluring.

My schedule in Darwin and the surrounds was to be long days of local travel, sight seeing and adventuring. And the idea of ending a long day with a few drinks and a couple of bets seemed a good idea. Unfortunately the experience didn’t meet the expectation.

As this place IS a Casino, I dressed in casual long pants, and a collared shirt expecting I’d meet the minimum dress standard. To my shock and horror, I was overdressed. I felt like I’d donned a white bow tie and tailed coat to meet the Queen, when I’d basically entered what could be only best described as a “workers club” in somewhere in the middle of Sydney.

The venue is very tidy, clean and well presented, for the most part. Some of the designated smoking areas should probably have some more attention.

Overall, as a Casino I believe it falls short as it’s way too casual. My recommendation would be to have a large “Sports Bar” incorporating electronic gaming that retains the casual vibe.

But I’d also incorporate an area that houses the table games, electronic gaming, and some more upper class bars (cocktail bar, whisky bar, gin bar, etc) in a more formalised area. I’m not saying it needs to be Black Tie, but definitely less thongs and muscle shirts.

Instead of being just “another sports club”, I think the Casino has the opportunity to serve many aspects of the market.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Chipmunk2307
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Great customer service! The staff were super great and helpful. Was a fantastic stay. Would recommend staying here for any type of holiday. Having the casino next door is super convenient with restaurants and bars!

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

Arrived for a long weekend break. Checked in all ok. Arrived to our room to not have a beach view but a car park view. Not what we had booked. So downstairs we go. Only to be told no beach view rooms available. So $480 dollars later on top of what we had already paid we are off to a lagoon room for five days. Nice room and view of the lagoon pool. Stick your head over the balcony and you can see the ocean. Thursday and Friday lagoon pool and area very quiet and relaxing. Then bring on the weekend when the lagoon pool and main pool become “party central”. Be warned. So on Saturday afternoon a group checked into the room directly under our room for what was to be a party for the young people’s of Darwin. About thirty party guests invaded the pool with drinks, noodles and bad language. After two hours we called reception to complain. Security did come and ask that glass be taken out of the pool. This party was then joined by another room party so In total 50 party peoples outside our room. After 5 hours enough was enough. Called reception to complain again and asking for a manager but was told no management was on. Seems all rather normal to have this form of activity on weekends. If I want a Bali party scene I would have gone to Bali. Not what I expected in a Darwin resort. No action was taken from my complaint and I asked to speak to management prior to checking out on the Monday. This did not happen. Called the hotel on Tuesday to follow up and I’m still waiting to hear from hotel management. So after paying extra to be moved we should have stayed overlooking the car park. So be warned I would not advise staying at this establishment over a weekend unless your wanting your “Bali party” experience.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Warren T
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

On arrival we were surprised with an upgrade on our accommodation to a very large 1 bedroom suite with loads of amenities and the biggest bathroom with views of the ocean. We even had our own large patio area. February is considered the wet season, so we were treated to a thunderstorm and lightning show. The resort offers a variety of dining options, a gym, swimming pool and casino. Although some of the fixtures were somewhat dated, the resort was still well presented. If the chance to visit NT comes again, I would definitely factor in a stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen B
Mindil Beach Casino Resort Darwin, Other at Mindil Beach Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We do look forward to your welcoming you back in the near future.

Mindil Beach Casino Resort

Reviewed 12 February 2020

We had a deluxe room, located right over the main entrance and as such was very noisy. The room itself was very dated and old. Smelled musty like wet carpet. Mini bar was non existent. Bathroom needs an urgent update. Stayed for 2 nights and room wasn't cleaned in between nights and no fresh towels provided.

Date of stay: February 2020

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. We have raised the issues with the team. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Nevertheless, we certainly look forward to regaining your confidence in us and hope to see you back at Mindil Beach Casino Resort. Thank you!

Mindil Beach Casino Resort