Lowest prices for your stay
AU$122
No prepayment needed
AU$121
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
AU$122
Get rewarded with One Key
2,329 results
All reviews central location great location walking distance mitchell st wet season supermarket cafes harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2021

I really enjoyed my overnight stay at the Rydges Darwin (though it was only 1 night), and wouldn't hesitate to return. Cleanest bathroom of the three Darwin CBD hotels I stayed in during my trip.

I was disappointed they hadn't yet re-opened their in-house restaurant, as I'm someone who prefers breakfast in-house before I venture outside, however the recommended external cafe on the ground floor was fine. Though I was further disappointed to realise that by paying the hotel for the breakfast voucher, I later realised I overpaid for what I received for the price. It would have been cheaper for me to simply pay the cafe's menu price.

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank GreenwoodCabin
Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

Pros: Initially clean, good location for exploring Darwin, great water pressure in the shower, mostly friendly staff
Cons: no housekeeping during your stay, so expect a trip to reception to ask for milk, toiletries, toilet paper or clean towels if staying more that 2 nights (no phone in room to call). Aircon temperature setting doesn’t work so room either hot and stuffy when you turn it off or ice cold (bed only has a sheet and there are blankets in the cupboard, but no duvet). Tv only has public channels and paid movies starting at $12 a movie - no ability to chrome cast
Overall not what you’d expect at a price of $230 per night, but fine if you can find a half price deal for a short stay

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2021

Staff are friendly and hard-working but the whole place is dreadfully understaffed. Here are some examples of concerns:
1. Check in fine but as a loyal Rydges guest (Brisbane Qld) we were simply informed that Rydges Darwin Central doesn’t participate in the National Rewards Program.
2. We expected to pay extra for car parking but the card activated roller door was not working and the card activator on the lift wall was hanging off the wall and not operating (no signage)
3. Our travel agent generated paperwork indicated daily room service. After 4 days of no service at at all we had to request new towels and the bin to be emptied. it appeared rooms were only serviced once a room was vacated.
4. Lifts worked well but the floors had not been vacuumed in the 5 days we stayed.
Come on Rydges - lift your game. You are better than this.

Reviewed 9 June 2021

I would love to write about our room except we did not get the chance to use it. Our trip to Darwin had to be cancelled due to a 14 day quarantine imposed by NT government that clashed with our booking. After ringing Rydges for two days without a response a lady finally answered to say Rydges could not help as we had booked our package through Webjet and had to cancel with them. I could not find any way to speak with someone there and spent ages finding how to cancel online, only to be informed that our refund would be NIL. I was so mad that I did not even bother to finalise the cancellation. Incredibly, the day after we were booked in another lady from Rydges called to berate us for not turning up and even had the temerity to state that we would have been refunded if we had rung them. Double minus zero stars to Rydges for dreadful service.

Room tip: Try another hotel
1  Thank 955martinh
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Rydges - Lift your Game! I am a long term Rydges member and as such was pleased to be able to book this hotel for our trip. I want to make it very clear that any negativity in my review is NOT directed at the staff in this hotel but at Rydges upper management. Do you have any clue how hard these people are working for you under such poor conditions ? If not, then you really need to take a look or you will lose your loyal clients like us. This was a Fawlty Towers experience. Allow me to elaborate.
Check in #1: we were allocated the wrong room. We had booked a king bed room. Got 2 double beds. Went to reception and spoke to a very overworked lady named Rachel. She apologised and was able to change the room and offered a complimentary upgrade. Rachel appears to be the only person in this hotel who has any real experience in hotel management but I felt she was so pressured. I witnessed her being abused by another guest. She handled it professionally but she should not have to tolerate this. I wonder how much support she gets? On top of this she is working with very inexperienced staff who, we found, to be doing their very best to help guests. #2. Used the laundry. Very handy. It is also the ice making machine room. However the ice machine is OOO and was not fixed during our stay. #3. We got no servicing of our room on day 1. Around 3.30 pm I questioned this and was told someone would come “soon.” Soon was about an hour later by which time we were tired, fed up and just wanted clean towels and the garbage emptied. Then we took a 2 day tip to Kakadu and returned to check in again for 3 days. Believe me, if I had not pre paid this accommodation I would have moved! Again we got an upgrade for which we were thankful and recognised again that these staff are trying so hard to keep the guests happy. Got to the room. Hmmmmm....fridge not working......room safe locked and appeared out of batteries so unable to secure our valuables. Went to reception (can’t call them because there are no telephones the room ) great idea Rydges, make your guests do all the work! )The on duty manager Uneeb is such a hard working and pleasant man but I get the feeling he has very little support and needs as much training as he can get. He is a humble man and did his very best to help us. He brought fresh towels to the room (hello Rydges management - is this what your manager is expected to do?) He managed to get a working fridge for us and he explained that at the moment there is no formal room service on weekends and so this also meant he was unable to get a technician to fix the safe. He was very apologetic but he shouldn’t have to be. He appears to have very little support. So, at weekends, don’t expect your bins to be emptied (we had to empty our own). Don’t expect room service because it won’t happen). Yay, very Covid compliant not! Rydges do you have any concept of how hard these people are working. I understand it is difficult to get staff at the moment but why not properly look after the staff you have before you lose them . There is a lovey young lady - Ash, who told me she has been here for only 3 days. She is full of potential and personality and you Rydges need to cultivate this and give her some proper training in hotel management. There is no bar or restaurant at this time so you are missing out on revenue in that area given the competition. The breakfasts from Salvatore’s are great. The pool area is neglected. No clean towels provided over the weekend. No evidence that the pool is cleaned and chlorinated. Again, not Covid friendly.
I cannot believe this is a Rydges hotel. Hopefully things will change soon. Look after your staff here. They are busting their butts for you!!!!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neeceyrose