Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
AU$246
Geoff Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
Not Novotel standard
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2024via mobile
Platinum Accor member. Booked and received a junior suite for 3 nights. Not really a suite standard. No fridge, just a cooler that doesn’t cool, reported and ordered ice. Fridge provided next day. Poor room maintenance with a lot of issues that would be easily fixed. Tiny bath tub with shower over bath. No walk in shower available although pictured in my booking. Breakfast was poor as all the hot food was cold as it had been sitting for so long. Thankfully all the staff I dealt with were excellent. This hotel is very much in need of a renovation. The other Accor hotels in Darwin were excellent, I would not recommend this hotel
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Doubletree
0.3 km from Novotel Darwin CBD
View more hotels in Darwin
1,789 results
All reviews mitchell street across the road buffet breakfast harbour view top end esplanade nt pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2024

On arrival we were greeting by a lovely receptionist who informed us our room had been upgraded to a suite. How lovely! Internally, the galleria is just beautiful and resembles a tropical oasis. We opted for the prepaid breakfast and the selection was wonderful. Our room had a coffee pod machine and a selection of nice Twining teas (I am a big tea & coffee lover), so I was delighted. I had booked two rooms, one for a friend (we were all attending a concert), she was unfortunately unable to attend due to a tragic event (made the news). The Novotel staff were so helpful in showing me how to cancel her room and then they went above and beyond and waived her cancellation costs. A big thank you so much. I had requested a 'quiet' room because we are bush residents and are quite sensitive to 'urban' noise LOL. The room was wonderfully quiet. And of course, the Novotel is on the Darwin Esplanade so walking distance to the centre of town. Perfect.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Quennie Pearl Lazarte, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2024

Dear LyndaPW,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that your stay was perfect. It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your kind words about our staff's assistance during a challenging time. We strive to go above and beyond for our guests, and we're glad we could help with the room cancellation.

It's fantastic that the quiet room met your expectations, and the location near the Darwin Esplanade was just perfect for your needs. We hope to welcome you back for another outstanding experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2023

I had a very pleasant stay at the Novotel Darwin CBD. I stayed during the wet season so the hotel was not at all crowded (in fact it was very quiet). My room was large and modern, the food downstairs was excellent, and the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Good location, too, overlooking the harbour and very close to the CBD. I would happily stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Hendry Fachrizal, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2023

Dear Medonl,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Darwin CBD and sharing your wonderful experience!

We're delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, enjoyed our spacious and modern rooms, and found our food excellent. It's fantastic that our friendly and efficient team member contributed to making your visit enjoyable.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to welcome you back on your next visit to Darwin!

Warm regards,

Hendry Fachrizal
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2023 via mobile

It was perfect location, the beach was in front of the hotel. In front of the hotel before the beach there was a big park…perfect for exercise, running and walking or even as a meeting point for lovers, friends or family LOVED. Shopping and eating areas are very close.

Room tip: Renting cars are not expensive, temperature high …sight seeing do your self, it’s cheaper
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Fathimath,

Thank you for your delightful review!

We're thrilled to hear that you found our location perfect, with the beach just a stone's throw away and a beautiful park nearby. It's fantastic that our surroundings were ideal for activities and gatherings. We're glad you enjoyed the convenience of nearby shopping and dining areas.

We appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay soon!

Warm regards,

Hendry Fachrizal
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2023

This hotel was absolutely a rip off. After pre-paying $770 night for a 2 bedroom Harbourview room with balcony we were extremely disappointed. The balcony was so small three people could not fit, it was very dirty, with cracks, a dirty metal ceiling which was peeling and the Harbour view was a very small patch of water between the trees. The carpet was stained, paint drips on the walls and carpet, big stain in the shower which was over the bath, chip in the basin and very dirty stain around taps. The bedlamp above the bed in 2nd bedroom had rust stains underneath it. One two seater couch for 3 people. The tap in kitchen sink was so wobbly felt like it would come off in your hand, though we reported this to the manager and front desk staff nothing was done during our 4 day stay. No washing machine or dryer, laundry was on the ground floor for which you pay extra. We were given apartment on the 2nd floor when we complained and said this is not what we requested, and asked for another, were told there were none available. Unfortunately for us this was prepaid. Apartment needs a complete renovation, would not recommend and would never stay there again.

Room tip: Do not book there.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Penelope F
Reviewed 28 September 2023

I booked via Qantas, on arrival I showed my Qantas booking. Reception asked for photo ID, I left my drivers license at home, having not booked a hire car.
I showed my Qantas booking again, they said they would refuse my booking unless I showed photo ID. They made me feel like a criminal.
I can fly Qantas without photo ID by just showing my booking.
Luckily I have a copy stored in the cloud and was let in.

They also wanted a swipe of my credit card, so they could charge me without authority, as if I would do a runner.
Again treating me like a criminal, this practice disgusts me.
Totally unpleasant start to my holiday.
There was no booklet in the room advising how things work, where they are, or contact details for room service and cleaning etc.

DANGEROUS TAPS
The hot and cold taps are not marked, just plain chrome. In Australia left is always hot, okay on the basin.
The shower taps are one above the other, which is hot? Even worse the hot opens clockwise, the cold opens anticlockwise.
So if the water gets too hot (zero chance of getting hot water here), which tap do you move, in which direction, and potentially end up with 3rd degree burns.
The hotel should be shutdown until the taps are rectified.

The hot water did not work properly all 4 days, and there was no hot water at all on the last night of my stay. My wife could not have a shower that night.
It took about 20 minutes for the water to get warm, I wasted about 1000 litres of water over the 4 days, just to get warm water, it was never hot. The shower is too small as well.
On one day the shower soap ran out, and I had to use shampoo for half my shower. I could not use the basin soap as it is locked in its holder.

Having paid $260 per night, on checkout I was charged $37 per person per day for breakfast, for a simple buffet breakfast. Absolute rip off.

Then ripped me off again by charging a credit card surcharge.

Novatel, and Accor disgust me, I will avoid as much as possible.

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: August 2023