Lowest prices for your stay
AU$256
Priceline
AU$256
Go to your Happy Price
ZenHotels.com
AU$244
Maria B
Darwin, Australia
Perfect location but needs refurbishment
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 June 2021
We recently stayed for two nights in a two bedroom apartment. The location was perfect! But the hotel is in need of refurbishment. Paint peeling off doors, old non-used aircon controls on the walls collecting dust, stuffy smell in the room, couch had stains on one side of cushion and an almost tear on the other side. The lifts were quite slow, not all the button lights working. The phone in the room was fully of dust and couldn’t find details on what number to dial for reception. Really needs some TLC.
Date of stay: June 2021Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$300
7.8 km from Novotel Darwin CBD
View more hotels in Darwin
1,789 results
All reviews mitchell street across the road buffet breakfast harbour view top end esplanade nt pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

This hotel was booked by my travel agent as I was about to my home to go to Darwin I read TripAdvisor reviews and all the complaints are justifiable. How this hotel claims to be 4stars I do not know. It would be lucky to be 3stars.
As you enter the hotel you see faded main sign, inside is gloomy carpet is stained front desk small and cluttered. The lift had large dents. The room had mould on the walls and the carpet was stained. I did not sleep much that not night as the sheets were scratchy and the room was noisy. The noise was some sort of plant aircon or refrigeration. Breakfast was ordinary.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Everything was good, but the pool was laughable. 6 people and it was crowded, normal tv would have been better if offered Netflix. I did think the carpets looked very old and needed a clean. Staff were excellent. Meals great and loved the coffee,

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking sea, great views
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

Firstly I would be clear that I’m not the type to whinge about hotel service. In fact this is my first ever review. In this instance myself and my wife were very disappointed by the level of service provided by the Novotel Darwin CBD to the extent we need to share our experience in the hope the provider improves its service.

As background we arrived very late on Friday evening just passed due to airline delays. The night duty Manager at Reception was extremely engaging but that was where the positive experience ended. As we entered the Junior Suite we were impressed with the roomy layout. Unfortunately the queen size bed was in such a state of disrepair for management not to have previously been advised and remedied the broken bed is very poor. The bed was akin to a hammock with absolutely no support on the right hand side, so much so that I initially thought it was two singles joined with one being broken. Due the late time we determined to put up with it. After a crap sleep and upon inspection in the a.m. it was obvious the bed had been broken for sometime as the middle supporting wheel was actually missing where the bed slumped onto the floor.

My wife raised the issue with the Reception/Duty Manager Saturday morning and the response was ‘I’ll make a note of that’. No other level of professional response was forthcoming. Disappointed

Upon checkout we enquired as to being able to leave our luggage securely at the Novotel Darwin CBD hotel due to our engaging an overnight tour that precluded luggage carriage. The Reception Manager readily offered secure lodgement in the hotel locked luggage room. Unfortunately his less than impressive performance included not being able to find the keys for the secure room. He undertook that if we left the luggage near/outside reception he’d lock it up for us. We did insist he place Novotel luggage tags on the two bags so they were not included in other luggage sent for transit.

So we arrived Sunday morning to find the luggage had not moved from where we left it unsecured in the custody of the Saturday morning Reception Manager. It had not been secured and luckily was not stolen or removed. We were that pi..ed we collected the luggage unchallenged without speaking to Reception.

Never again.

Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

I stayed at the Novotel for one night while travelling for business and because my room booking was mysteriously cancelled (May not have been the hotel’s fault, might have been booking agent’s) ended up sharing a 2 bedroom suite with my boss! Not great! But the room I ended up in did not have ONE SINGLE POWERPOINT!!! Not at all great when you have to charge your phone & laptop in another room.
The hotel itself is looking sad and tired, very outdated. The reception staff when booking in were polite but very slow. The morning receptionist was great.
Hotel is located in a pretty good spot - across the road from beautiful park and harbour and close to CBD, about 15 mins from airport.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2021

Firstly GREAT LOCATION, upon entering the hotel it did not have that inviting n vibrant feel, seem abit doom n gloomed, service desk helpful and friendly had no problem with that when making inquiries and checking in. Once inside the room? Beds nicely presented till we looked at the bathroom, all I could say was, Why? How? I mean if people pay good money to stay there, and being in a well sought location, why not give it that whole natural tropical relaxation vibe that people look forward to or expecting to find when they come there on holiday/break or for whatever reason, if I had that good vibe feeling and felt very satisfied with my experience staying there I would certainly give a top rating but unfortunately due to what I've mentioned above it was abit of a let down disappointment, wishing Novotel all the best in any future endeavours and changes hopefully along the way. Good Luck.

Trip type: Travelled with family