Lowest prices for your stay
AU$256
Carrie B
Toowoomba, Australia
Novotel No More
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 May 2021via mobile
Firstly I would be clear that I’m not the type to whinge about hotel service. In fact this is my first ever review. In this instance myself and my wife were very disappointed by the level of service provided by the Novotel Darwin CBD to the extent we need to share our experience in the hope the provider improves its service.

As background we arrived very late on Friday evening just passed due to airline delays. The night duty Manager at Reception was extremely engaging but that was where the positive experience ended. As we entered the Junior Suite we were impressed with the roomy layout. Unfortunately the queen size bed was in such a state of disrepair for management not to have previously been advised and remedied the broken bed is very poor. The bed was akin to a hammock with absolutely no support on the right hand side, so much so that I initially thought it was two singles joined with one being broken. Due the late time we determined to put up with it. After a crap sleep and upon inspection in the a.m. it was obvious the bed had been broken for sometime as the middle supporting wheel was actually missing where the bed slumped onto the floor.

My wife raised the issue with the Reception/Duty Manager Saturday morning and the response was ‘I’ll make a note of that’. No other level of professional response was forthcoming. Disappointed

Upon checkout we enquired as to being able to leave our luggage securely at the Novotel Darwin CBD hotel due to our engaging an overnight tour that precluded luggage carriage. The Reception Manager readily offered secure lodgement in the hotel locked luggage room. Unfortunately his less than impressive performance included not being able to find the keys for the secure room. He undertook that if we left the luggage near/outside reception he’d lock it up for us. We did insist he place Novotel luggage tags on the two bags so they were not included in other luggage sent for transit.

So we arrived Sunday morning to find the luggage had not moved from where we left it unsecured in the custody of the Saturday morning Reception Manager. It had not been secured and luckily was not stolen or removed. We were that pi..ed we collected the luggage unchallenged without speaking to Reception.

Never again.
    AU$234
1.9 km from Novotel Darwin CBD
View more hotels in Darwin
1,789 results
All reviews mitchell street across the road buffet breakfast harbour view top end esplanade nt pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

I stayed at the Novotel for one night while travelling for business and because my room booking was mysteriously cancelled (May not have been the hotel’s fault, might have been booking agent’s) ended up sharing a 2 bedroom suite with my boss! Not great! But the room I ended up in did not have ONE SINGLE POWERPOINT!!! Not at all great when you have to charge your phone & laptop in another room.
The hotel itself is looking sad and tired, very outdated. The reception staff when booking in were polite but very slow. The morning receptionist was great.
Hotel is located in a pretty good spot - across the road from beautiful park and harbour and close to CBD, about 15 mins from airport.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2021

Firstly GREAT LOCATION, upon entering the hotel it did not have that inviting n vibrant feel, seem abit doom n gloomed, service desk helpful and friendly had no problem with that when making inquiries and checking in. Once inside the room? Beds nicely presented till we looked at the bathroom, all I could say was, Why? How? I mean if people pay good money to stay there, and being in a well sought location, why not give it that whole natural tropical relaxation vibe that people look forward to or expecting to find when they come there on holiday/break or for whatever reason, if I had that good vibe feeling and felt very satisfied with my experience staying there I would certainly give a top rating but unfortunately due to what I've mentioned above it was abit of a let down disappointment, wishing Novotel all the best in any future endeavours and changes hopefully along the way. Good Luck.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Firstly the positives .

Really friendly and helpful staff at this hotel . Nice food and friendly service in the restaurant .

The King size bed was really comfortable and made up well . The room was cleanish but the bathroom was so dated it would be impossible to get really clean - shower over bath and very old and stained tiles.

I had booked a standard room but was given a larger room with a sitting area which was nice .

The location of this hotel is quite good . Central to the CBD and a short walk to the waterfront and park area.

The hotel is badly in need of an upgrade . I would say it was built in the early 80s as it had the plant filled atrium that was very popular at that time . It would have been quite flash when it first opened . The rooms have no balconies or opening windows but that is probably due to cyclone proofing .

The hotel was full of dust . The cleaners made a valiant effort at keeping it clean but the whole foyer and rooms
smell dusty the minute you walk in . I have a tendency to allergies and my allergies flared badly during my stay .

The pool area was run down and in need of maintenance .

I’m not sure what the plans are for this hotel but surely it is due for an upgrade soon . I would not stay here again but accommodation is at a premium at the moment so provided you get a room with a comfortable bed like I did you will hopefully sleep well. Also ask for harbour view we had a view out to the back carpark.

Room tip: Ask for a Harbour view room high floor
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 584cassandral
Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

Facilities in room didn’t work - TV, Fans, some lights
Bar and restaurant very limited opening
Staff not interested
Considering we paid in excess of 250 per night big waste of money
We will NEVER recommend or stay in this or any other Novotel again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris Naylor, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Hi vicki1905

Thank you for leaving feedback allowing us to improve. I have now been at the property 7 weeks and continuing to work through improvement programs across the hotel. In this time we have complete about 75% of room refresh, from lights, AC servicing, painting, fans, switches and steam cleaning bathrooms and carpet. While in rooms our maintenance team are reviewing for other items requiring attention.

We are also replacing all bar furniture and implementing new menus across our bar and restaurant facilities.

I know this information doesn't improve your experience with us, however i am certainly committed, as are our owners and Accor to improving our product and offering.

We know we are better, hopefully if in Darwin you consider giving us another chance.

Regards

Reviewed 6 May 2021

I would like to comment on Front Office Manager Roshit Manmohan's excellent customer service. I booked to stay at this hotel because I wanted to visit my mother for her 80th birthday. She has dementia and is in a nursing home at Fannie Bay. I live in Sydney.
Unfortunately, I needed to cancel my trip due to my suburb being declared a hotspot today.
I contacted Roshit who very kindly offered me a credit to be used whenever I can make it to Darwin next. He really put my mind at ease when I was feeling very uneasy.
Roshit had previously assisted me with queries I had about parking and the room I had booked.
A true gentleman in every sense of the word. Thank you so much.