Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jen540
Maleny, Australia
Great budget motel in a central Darwin city location.
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 June 2023
The Poinciana Inn in centrally located, close to two major supermarkets, Post Office, chemists, the Esplanade, Darwin Entertainment Centre and the eateries in Mitchell Street. Service station around the corner has coffee. Quiet at night.
The managers were generous in meeting our requests relating to access to our room to fit in with our travel arrangements. Much appreciated.
The room was large enough for three adults, good shower, clean, comfortable beds. Didn't have time to try the TV but the air conditioning and WiFi work well. There is a bus stop close by - a tip for Australian Seniors - free travel on public buses for people 65+ yrs of age.
Date of stay: June 2023
    AU$195
    AU$234
1.6 km from Darwin City Point Hotel
View more hotels in Darwin
All reviews darwin entertainment centre mitchell street secure parking darwin city supermarket esplanade
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2022 via mobile

Value for money great position very clean management are fantastic. We were out all day so why spend another $150 a night to shower and sleep would highly recommend .stayed a week the room was serviced regularly the bed was very comfortable and secure parking for our hire vehicle

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2022

This place is now called Poinciana Inn, same location.
I was arriving after 1am from the airport as many Darwin flights do. I called twice to ask how to get access to my room, didn't get a callback until some time later, the person on the phone said I'd been sent an email days earlier but I checked and I never received it, not even in my spam email, but after the 3rd phone call I sorted out how to access my room after hours.

The room itself is small, there's marks on the walls, not much more than a TV and kettle and fridge in the room itself, at least the aircon worked, I don't know how they can justify $123 a night with such a low maintained place, if I'd known it was this badly kept I would've gone to a backpackers hostel instead.

It's definitely overpriced for what you get. The bed was comfortable, the pool was lovely, the location is great, that's about it. The ensuite is small, there's maybe 4 powerpoints in the whole place for charging a phone and other things and 2 of those were used by the TV and kettle, and while I was recovering from arriving at 2am I got a knock on my door that same morning from someone wanting to check the maintenance my air conditioning unit.
There has to be better places in Darwin CBD than this. Maybe go for Airbnb next time, finding anything under $150 a night is almost impossible unless you're 15 to 30 minutes out of the city.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank jebskulker
Reviewed 24 August 2021

The location is awesome - close to Mitchell Street fun, but no so close that it keeps you up all night. The pool is awesome in the evening after a long hot Darwin day. The service from managers was above and beyond. They were welcoming, friendly, and very happy to help.

Room tip: Corner room on top floor (North end) meant no foot traffic by the door.
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 23 June 2021

We were cautious due to previous poor reviews but had little choice as everything else was booked out for our dates, however we were glad we stayed here. (BTW if its changed its name it hasnt translated to the signage yet - still has Poinciana in large letters on building). Great things about this hotel:
1. Location - the quieter end of Mitchell street, still near to centre but away from frenetic nightclub scene. Coles on Mitchell Street and Woollies on Smith Street both within 5 min walk. Esplanade, Waterfront, Deckchair Cinema, mall etc, all within walking distance.
2. Value - the building and rooms are dated but the sheets were clean, beds comfy and shower hot. Airconditioning and TV worked well. Also has swimming pool and BBQ. Really good value for city location.
3. Triple rooms - I was travelling with my two adult daughters. Good (and unusual) to get 3 proper beds in one room.
4. Friendly service - there were a couple of hitches such as insufficient towels and cups but these were rectified very quickly and cheerfully. Very helpful with any requests.
(And love your beautiful dog at reception)

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 7 June 2021

We have stayed many places but most booked out this weekend so booked here as closest to pubs and restaurants in Mitchell street. Yes not the flashiest but was clean and tidy. Bit old but has everything you need, coffee and tea supplied . Managers very friendly and helpful as arrived hour early. For one night stay couldn’t fault price in dry season. Close to servo for morning coffee or woolies little further down road. Night life and restaurants all in walking distance. Highly recommend if just wanting room for night or two.

Date of stay: June 2021