Lol.travel
Lidaz
Tennant Creek, Australia
Awesome experience...will visit again!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 June 2019
Nothing but great things to say about our stay. I took 11 girls to Darwin on a cricket trip for a few days. The attention from management, customer service, rooms, cleanliness, facilities, was all we could ask for. It was a budget hotel, but the service was 5 star. Everything was also walking distance. Thank you Denman for attending to our requests (so many!). It will definitely be our go to place on our next Darwin visit!
Date of stay: June 2019
Room Tip: Pool side rooms are quieter, but front side rooms are nice for sitting out front and watching the...
Trip type: Travelled on business
    AU$135
    AU$150
7.4 km from Darwin City Point Hotel
View more hotels in Darwin
All reviews darwin entertainment centre mitchell street secure parking darwin city supermarket esplanade
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2019

Only an overnight stay, thank goodness. Pretty average. No tea, coffee, kettle or milk supplied in room. Room basic, 3 single beds, bathroom and TV. Clean room. Pool out the back. Staff were friendly. Close to main street and pubs.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms and beds were clean and spacious. Located a little way from the centre, it does have a pool and car park. The surroundings can be a little dodgy at night if walking back alone. There are no staff on the premises overnight and there is a tendency for locals to urinate inside the stairwell. The staff did clean it regularly, however, so they were doing their best. A coded entry pad would probably solve this problem, keeping the locals out.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
roady646, Manager at Darwin City Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

i am the new manager , I took over the 2/11/18, I work for the owners,
I am cleaning the motel and pool up, it has been knocked around by 3 lease,
please give my staff and I a chance to make your stay a happy one.
cheers carol

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a double room which had 2 double beds. It was ok but a bit dingy. There is a lift but only one so that could be quite busy. Room was pretty basic. Water pressure wasn’t that good. Walking distance to Aquascene and Crocosaurus Cove but not in the center of the action.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank happyitchyfeet
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Booked before seeing these reviews so expected the worst. Not great but friendly staff, clean room, aircon worked as did fridge. Hot water in showers. Looks like maybe new people as put wallpaper on door to pool and scrubbed floor of lift which was a bit smellie by late arvo not first thing. Very old place so looks tired! No-one loitering outside in week we were there but could hear a bit of noise from Mitchell St pubs with World Cup on. Didn't use pool but it looked clean and others used it however area and furniture in pool area very old.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank teasea9
Reviewed 3 July 2018

After advising the hotel twice that I would be arriving in the middle of the night (important, as they have a locked safe and code system), I received a call at 5.00pm to ask if I was going to use the room I booked that night.
Envelope with the key had a description of how to get to the car-park around the corner( although it didn't make mention that it was the car park it was directing you to - ie. You are here, follow arrows to....). I found myself wandering the streets in the middle of the night on my own dragging two bags of luggage thinking this was how I was to find the entry to my room. The keys also had a sensor which was the only way to open the lift - no mention of this until you tried everything to find it. Rooms equivalent to tarriff paid. Air con worked well, but since there was only sheets, and no blankets available, this had me getting up again in my few hours sleep to make the room and myself comfortable again.

Date of stay: June 2018