Lowest prices for your stay
AU$116
Fully refundable before Thu, 14 Mar
Priceline
AU$116
Fully refundable before Thu, 14 Mar
No prepayment needed
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2021

Firstly you need to understand, this is an older Motel. If this Motel were anywhere else in Australia, it would be advertised as a 'boutique' Motel. My point is, older does not mean neglected. In fact, these folks have done very well maintaining the property and rooms that - though those 70's ring loud, its quaint! Clean! Tidy! And QUIET! Oh, so quiet!
Noise is one of my bugbears when I travel and it was the lure of quite that sent me here - and Paravista delivered! NO traffic noise, NO noise from other rooms, NO noise from neighbouring properties, just quite.
* Rooms are sort-of updated - Beds are new and comfy, bathroom is 70's looking,
but clean and serviceable.
* There is no cooking facilities in the room, but there is a communal kitchen.
* However, the staff more than willing to give me a Microwave for the room to
compliment the Tea and Coffee making facilities.
* Aircon worked well and the balcony was a nice touch.
* I didn't use the pool, but it looked great!
We stayed First Floor, Room 7. I lost my pic of our room, but the pics of the newer beds are standard.
If I have to Motel in Darwin again, I will definitely stay here.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

The room was smelly and musty
Everything was old and dated
The room wasn’t clean... cobwebs, hair in the shower.
No aircon on or fridge on when we arrived
Only a thin sheet on the beds and they looked old.
But the worse thing was we went out for dinner and we were given a key to get through reception. When we got back at 9.30 the key didn’t work. We rang the after hours number multiple times and no one answered. We couldn’t go home because everything was in the hotel room. Eventually we had to knock on windows on the ground floor to find someone to let us in.
Don’t go there

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2019 via mobile

It was a bit disappointing when I arrived to find my bed sheets hadn’t been changed from the last guest, and the room in general was not the cleanest. This was not a great welcome for me, and very much affected my trip. When I talked to the reception the next morning (I arrived very late, after the reception was closed) they said they had a new cleaner and changed the sheets, but the room was not checked on again until late into my stay. This included bins not being emptied for 4 days, which was unpleasant in the hot conditions.

Due to the nature of my visit, the reception was often not open when I was at the motel, including one day at 5:30pm. This made it hard to voice my concerns or ask for assistance in booking taxis. For the amount of money I paid, I feel as though a clean room should be the bare minimum. It was depressing as the motel is in a great location.

The motel was also not the quietest near my room, which again was annoying considering their supposed “no noise” policy. I would not stay there again and if I had not prepaid for my room, I would have left that first day.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2019

We were so well looked after as a group and everyone's needs were catered for. Easy walking to shops and hotel and central location to most of the tourist attractions. Special thanks to Garth and Diane for an unforgettable stay and we have no hesitations recommending them to everyone

Room tip: All rooms are great
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
tttaylor2009, Owner at Paravista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

Thank you so much for your review.It was a pleasure having you all and we quite missed you when you all left as motel was so quiet.Hope to see some of you again one day.

Reviewed 25 June 2019

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Its in a great location, just a short distance from the city and great local shops in Parap. The staff were welcoming and accommodating. The hotel was exceptionally clean - the room was comfortable with a balcony and had all you need. We travelled with our young child and this hotel was great value for money and good for families. Highly recommend it!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your great review.Was a pleasure having you stay and thank you for choosing Paravista
Hope to see you again one day
Garth and Diane