Open today: 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
Cairns Birding Tour Guidebook

We followed all the hints and info included in the guide. It was a most valuable resource and we... read more

Reviewed 20 July 2020
Leanne R
Brisbane, Australia
Free bird walk info is terrific

I have used Laurie's directions for birdwatching walks on a couple of business visits to Darwin... read more

Reviewed 23 February 2020
robynl777
Canberra, Australia

All reviews bird guide excellent company small group tour top end different species day tour wet season birders skills birds riding info mangroves enthusiasts katherine knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019

I followed one of Laurie's free guides to find Mangrove Robin in Darwin - found it in the first five minutes at the exact spot described. He definitely knows his birds like the back of his hand. Many thanks!

Date of experience: July 2019
tracksbirding, Owner at Tracks Birding & Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Great to hear I could help Gab!

Reviewed 27 June 2019

Another great guided trip with Laurie this time to Thailand and he gave us a brilliant time in five different ecosystems, no effort spared to tailor the trip to our requests and make sure we got the right angles for photography and find every possible bird. He knows how to get the right shots, position you for best photos and knows canon photography inside out and is a knowledgeable person to assist with getting the right photos. Laurie is a safe and careful driver so takes the stress out of travel too and for someone with mobility challenges he makes it easy by checking the routes first. A gold star guide and Highly Recommended for every serious bird photography enthusiast.

Date of experience: March 2019
tracksbirding, Owner at Tracks Birding & Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2019

Thank you for your kind word Chris, I'm already looking forward to our next trip in December

Reviewed 7 June 2019

Laurie Ross has his finger on the birding pulse around Darwin and beyond. He can tailor make a tour to find your target species and he has the photographic skills to see you at your destination for optimum light conditions for that special shot. Very impressed Sir.

Date of experience: June 2019

Thanks Gary, great to hear you got to see some of our great local wildlife!

Reviewed 6 January 2019

I used Laurie's online birding guide to help me find birding locations on a recent trip to the Top End - his recommendations were fantastic and without this guide I may have struggled to have found the fantastic birds I did. I was also fortunate enough to randomly bump into Laurie whilst I was staying at Timber Creek and he was ever so gracious with his time even though he had guests. He was very friendly and gave me further guidance on where to find the species I was looking for and even where to find fantastic campsites. Laurie is the real deal and I would love to have the opportunity to go on one of his tours one day! Thanks a million mate

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

He absolutely knew where the birds were. He spotted a black falcon as we were whizzing down the road. He also chose great places to eat and to stop for breaks.

Date of experience: September 2018