“Excellent guide, just perfect.”

Tracks Birding & Photography Tours
Ranked #51 of 88 Outdoor Activities in Darwin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ever wanted to see a Rainbow Pitta hopping around the forest floor? Dreamed of seeing a Gouldian Finch in the wild? How about seeing your first Banded Fruit-dove amongst Monsoon Forests of Kakadu? Being a local bird photographer I have extensive knowledge of Darwin, Katherine, Kakadu and the Victoria River Regions. I can help you find and photograph that bird you've always dreamed of seeing, join Tracks Birding & Photography Tours for an unforgettable day out or the adventure of a multi-day Birding Tour around the Top End of the Northern Territory.
Reviewed 2 July 2017

For almost a month Laurie was our guide. He finds every bird and was excellent company. He also knew the best places to eat which was a big bonus for me!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Laurie seems to have super human hearing and eyesight. I owe at least seven Life Birds to him. The man knows his stuff! He is also an incredibly gifted wildlife photographer,

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We recently spent some time with Laurie in an attempt to find a long sought target species. While it was a very late request, Laurie very generously made time in his busy schedule to meet help locate the species. His response to our request was very timely and clear, and he maintained contact prior to meeting to ensure all went to plan. It was a pleasure to meet and spend time with Laurie, he was very knowledgeable and a very good communicator. We look forward to spending more time with him on one of his tours in the future and would very happily recommend his services.

Laurie R, Owner at Tracks Birding & Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you Ann for the very find words, Im so happy you finally got to the amazing Rufous Owl :-) Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I was looking for 4 days of birding photography in NT and made an inquiry of Laurie. He made some recommendations and we agreed on an itinerary. From then on he did all the organisation, from picking me up from my hotel in Darwin to dropping me at the airport. I have done quite a few of these sorts of trips. Step one is to find the birds but you then need to work through how to get a decent photograph. This requires all of the knowledge and skills of a top photographer like Laurie. The results speak for themselves. I got a lot higher proportion of good images with Laurie than I had previously achieved with a bunch of other guides, all of whom had excellent birding skills.
Apart from these absolutely core skills, the bonus is that he likes good coffee and good wine and he is good company.

Laurie R, Owner at Tracks Birding & Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you for the kind review Alec, It really was a memorable trip one that I will remember for a very long time.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I have been liasing with Laurie via emails to arrange a place on a grasswren tour. Laurie replies promptly and always provides sufficient info. I look forward to joining his tour group.