Open today: 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
Laurie Ross is a fantastic guide

He absolutely knew where the birds were. He spotted a black falcon as we were whizzing down the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
TruthCalifornia
Boston, Massachusetts
Top End Tour

Have just returned from a stunning 7 day tour of the Top End with Laurie. He knows this area and... read more

Reviewed 6 September 2018
geoffatwood14
Katoomba, Australia

All reviews alice springs top end birders species riding nature kakadu nt
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I was looking for 4 days of birding photography in NT and made an inquiry of Laurie. He made some recommendations and we agreed on an itinerary. From then on he did all the organisation, from picking me up from my hotel in Darwin to dropping me at the airport. I have done quite a few of these sorts of trips. Step one is to find the birds but you then need to work through how to get a decent photograph. This requires all of the knowledge and skills of a top photographer like Laurie. The results speak for themselves. I got a lot higher proportion of good images with Laurie than I had previously achieved with a bunch of other guides, all of whom had excellent birding skills.
Apart from these absolutely core skills, the bonus is that he likes good coffee and good wine and he is good company.

Laurie R, Owner at Tracks Birding & Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you for the kind review Alec, It really was a memorable trip one that I will remember for a very long time.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I have been liasing with Laurie via emails to arrange a place on a grasswren tour. Laurie replies promptly and always provides sufficient info. I look forward to joining his tour group.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

Our day with Laurie Ross was wonderful, far exceeding our expectations. He really knows the birds, their call, their locations and their natural histories. He also took good care of his birders. He kept a bird list for us and provided a constant supply of cool water, as well as morning tea, lunch and restroom stops. On this very memorable day we saw 79 different species of birds.

1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Laurie took me around the best spots to find the birds I was after in Darwin and he did not disappoint. I saw (and photographed) all the species I wanted plus more! Super organised, friendly and professional - I wouldn;t hesitate to recommend him for your birding trip. Thanks Laurie!

1  Thank Haggisthewonderdog
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We had a great fortune to meet up with Laurie as the 1st Guinea Pig on his week long photo Safari .He to great length to make I had what would make a great photo. Was not the least disappointed. He was always on time,15 mins before. Had all the snacks in the refrigerated cooler. Had great food under the desert conditions. Had bird guides in all 7 continents and none can match his skills and care. Will be going back with him next year in Queensland for more endemics.

Laurie R, Owner at Tracks Birding & Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Thanks heaps for the review Homin, I'm really happy to hear you had a great trip and I look forward to seeing you next year in Queensland! :-)