All reviews dune house luxury tents the main lodge southern ocean lodge hot water bottles kangaroo island food and wine other guests uninterrupted view of uluru french champagne ayers rock included tours private dinner matched wines kata tjuta helicopter trip tour guides are
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This was an amazing experience from the time we arrived and received a warm greeting at the airport. We arrived early in the morning and were offered a delicious breakfast with spectacular views from the dining room. After breakfast, we were shown to our very comfortable tented room, which was well appointed and had incredible views! This was the true definition of glamping! We had everything we could possibly need in the room, including snacks and coffee/teas( & other drinks as well).
I think what sets this hotel apart is the outstanding service. Every member of the staff was friendly and focused on providing top notch service. My husband and son went sky diving and a member of the staff drove me to the landing site, stayed with me in the vehicle, and watched as they landed. He then drove us all back to the hotel. He allowed me to join in the experience and was a true delight to talk to.
I have stayed at some incredible hotels before, but this hotel had the best service I have ever experienced anywhere in my life!! I cannot commend them enough. My husband agrees with me on this one. We have been to the Jumeriah Maldives and Brando Island and this surpasses the service we received there. When we left for the airport they gave us each a lunch pack for the plane. This was one last way they could remind us of what a great impression they made. Truly an incredible place!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jeannewick
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Not really sure what to say. Awesome!! Great staff! Loved the rooms and all of the space on the room and every room has a view of Uluru. Staff was very Knowledgable of the surroundings and the tours were wonderful. I was there for two days. I would say no more than two or three days needed. This is a bucket list place to go to.

Thanks for everything!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I took my husband to Uluru for a short holiday and so I could see the Field of Light. We both wanted stay in a resort that would be enjoyable even if we decided not to go on any of the sightseeing tours. Having been to Uluru on several previous occasions sightseeing was not a priority for us this trip. Longitude 131 definitely fulfilled our expectations.

I booked directly though Baillie’s Lodges and found the experience easy and informative. Each of my queries were answered by the same person and I appreciated this personal touch. In fact, all through our time at Longitude 131 it was those extra attention to detail things that set our time here apart from other resorts.

We were asked how we would be arriving in Uluru and provided our flight details. As a result we were met at the airport and then driven to the resort. Once we arrived we were ushered into the Dune House where we were provided with a cool towel, delicious cheese platter and drinks as we were shown a suggested itinerary for our three days. At the same time we were told about the open bar and other facilities also available to us during our stay.

One of my requests when Booking was for us to have a tent with an unimpeded view of the landscape. I was thrilled with our tent allocation. We were given the Kidman tent (number 1) which gave us an incredible view of the landscape from the front, one side of our balcony and even from our bathroom! While all of the tents seem to have excellent siting for views of Uluru I do believe we were given an exceptionally special tent While it is further away from the Dune House Restaurant we enjoyed the walk and as we were on the end did not have any passing foot traffic.

In our tent we were provided with a backpack to use during our stay, a tub of cream to keep the flies at bay as well as fly nets. Our fridge was filled with a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. We also had savoury and sweet snacks that were replenished each day.

We went on 2 afternoon tours during our stay and appreciated the special touches provided by all of the staff on each of the tours. There was informative commentary from our guides as we drove to and walked around various spots near Uluru and then all of the effort involved in bringing in and setting up a table with drinks and nibbles for us to enjoy during sunset each evening. Staff were, at all times, attentive to our needs and keen to make our experience a positive one.

On our first day I mentioned my husband liked red wine sangria and immediately the staff set about to make a batch for hubby to enjoy over the next few days. Thank you so much guys - it was a mighty fine drop too!

I also loved having the option to sleep on our tent balcony - an experience you should try if the weather is kind. Sleeping under the stars in such a remote part of Australia is just amazing! Having a selection of cognac, port and Baileys on our swag was a decadent addition that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed

I cannot stress enough how much I believe the staff are the greatest asset of Longitude 131. From the housekeeping staff who keep the tents clean and tidy every day as well as setting up our swags and evening drinks every second evening, the grounds staff who keep the grounds looking beautiful and seamlessly blending into the natural environment, the kitchen staff and chef who provide exceptional food at each meal while catering for individual guest dietary requirements, the tour guides, hospitality staff and reception staff all of whom went above and beyond to make sure our stay was enjoyable.

After all that, I did see the Field of Light and it was amazing and combined with our stay at Longitude 131 our time away was just incredible

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank christinem519
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Longitude 131 is so well done! In a very tastefull, and private setting, you are provided an exclusive and unique introduction to Uluru and Kata Tjuta. It is all so elegantly done that you are left with the impression that the place and staff is there uniquely for you! Service staff is very professional, insightfull, still relaxed, and with a great can-do attitude! The dwellings are fantastic, not only from a functional perspective, but also in terms of architecture, aesthetics and ambience. And, then you have your own private view of Uluru - right in your face - from your terrace and bedroom window! All meals are excellent: great recipies, you eat well, but right-sized portions. How nice it is to leave the table content but not stuffed every evening! Then dinners are truly special events: Every second night you eat outdoor, stargazing under the most incredible southern hemisphere sky! You have sunset over Kata Tjuta for apetizer, new moon for entree, an amazing Milky way for main course, and a shooting star for dessert! Or even better: experience the same in total privacy with Longitude 131’s dune top dining! Probably the most romantic setting we have ever experienced!
Then there are the excursions! Prepare yourself for early departures to capture the magic of sunrise and the joy of experiencing the different aspects of Uluru, Kata Tjuta and the aboriginal culture in the clear morning hours. Your Longitude 131 guides give excellent introductions and context to it all; and, they provide deep-founded respect and understanding of the sites and culture they are displaying - very well done!
Longitude 131 really made our stay at Uluru very special, and a highlight of our Australia journey! We will recommend, and insist that all our friends visiting Uluru enjoy the privelege of the Longitude131 experience - magic provided!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wilhelmm-norway
Reviewed 10 January 2018

This is THE place to stay when traveling to Uluru-Kata Tjuta. Amazing, unobstructed views of Ayer's Rock. The staff and guides are the best we've encountered since our African Safari. They provided stellar service at every turn. Unlike any experience I have had before. Wouldn't recommend to go while we were there as it was their Summer (December) and reached temperatures of up to 120. The heat was a bit exhausting during this time. Our "tent" was delightful and chocked full of luxurious odds and ends. A few ants here and there but nothing to get upset about. They have the art of entertaining down to a science. Five stars!

Date of stay: December 2017