“Best choice in Yulara”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Yulara
Price range: USD 23 - USD 60
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Arnguli is the local Indigenous name for the bush plum. The plum flourishes even in the driest areas. Its importance in desert life is immortalised in dreaming stories and artwork.A gem of Australia’s rugged heart, the bush plum is a fitting name for a restaurant that celebrates its stunning surroundings. Executive Chef Christian Meinhardt selects and transforms the finest produce from around Australia into a modern culinary experience. Quality products from every corner of the country are enlivened by local Indigenous flora, spices, grains and seeds.
Reviewed 16 May 2020

Modern restaurant that serves a nice variety of international and australian plates. Everything was perfect. Excellent food, nice staff, frliendly service

2  Thank 01649409
Write a reviewReviews (810)

Reviewed 5 April 2020

Food was great, a diverse selection and an overall good experience. A little expensive, but there is not much else to do at the resort at night!

1  Thank eshexplore
Reviewed 2 April 2020

We were looking forward to dinner at this restaurant as it is probably the best one in the Resort and we had a driven from Alice Springs.
We had a waitress on her first shift. My wife had a salad and ordered a soufflé with nuts and other berries, which was outstandily delicious. The funny thing is that no bread was offered because if you want bread you will have to pay for it. This seemed strange to me for a fine dining restaurant. For my main course , I ordered kangaroo tail, raw to medium, but instead I got a well done piece of meat, which is very tough and hence the reason for ordering raw to medium. The waitress was very apologetic and a new dish appeared very quickly but still not sufficiently raw but acceptable. I don’t think that I will try ‘roo again as the meat is very tough and the taste is nothing special. The wine Bornoli was good. I would not put off people from going to this restaurant as the soufflé was out of this world, just don’t make my mistake and order kngaroo!!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 11 March 2020

I visited this restaurant with high hopes. We were seated promptly and given menus , chefs special menu sheet and water glasses was filled. We ordered wine but the were not asked if we want more when the glass was empty. We were then promptly forgotten and it wasn't even a busy time. Eventually after 20 minutes the waitstaff came back for our order. We were a group of four and two of the group ordered the chefs special menu. The waitress then came back to tell us it was not available so why give us the special menu? We then ordered off the available menu and the food was delicious. Waited again and eventually beckoned the staff over to ask for the dessert menu. Again just delicious. Waited again and after about 10-15 minutes gave up on a coffee and port order we were going to have. Other patrons were diligently looked after so I don't know how we kept getting missed. Great food but not great service for us unfortunately.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Jaykay5049
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

We had the steak and fish and both were excellent. The portions were not huge but satisfying. As with elsewhere in Ayers Resort the service was great.

3  Thank pixie007