“Masoman”

Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A favourite dining experience for locals and visitors since 2001. Hanuman Alice Springs is conveniently located inside the Crowne Plaza Hotel, a 5 minute drive from the centre of town.The Asian mood is created through the clever use of decor, artifacts and lighting - a stunning contrast to the surrounding Central Australian desert landscape.
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I had some fears as the place was overcrowded and noisy. I now know why. The curry, rice and roti with Rose for 2 only cost us $48 and was plenty and lovely flavours and we are foody snobs so rarely give 5 stars. What a great job the staff did given the numbers

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I booked Hanuman for a group of 19 people on a business trip to Alice Springs. We went on a Saturday night & it was extremely busy. I was really impressed with the great service we received & the quality of the food. Everything tasted fantastic & the beef massaman curry was one of the best I’ve ever had. It was a great experience and I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

They lost our reservations for both nights that I had booked but managed to get us in. The food is delightful and innovative. Beautifully presented and always flavorful. The sister restaurant in Darwin is a favorite & I chose to stay at the Doubletree for this reason. The restaurant is located in their lobby. Great service. It can get a bit noisy with large raucous groups so ask for a quiet corner when booking if that is what you like. I will return.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Booked for two recently for dinner. Having eaten at Hanuman Darwin, I cant help but compare the two. The service was excellent and food came out quickly, however the limited drinks options was a little underwhelming and the food quality, while good and tasty, did not knock my socks off as I would expect of usual Hanuman quality. Chicken biryani was lacking a little flavour and the beef massaman was a little tough. The eggplant pachadi was amazing however. No naan on the menu was a bit disappointing so had to settle for roti. On the whole, still a good restaurant and would go again. It just wasn't quite as good as what I'm used to in the Darwin restaurant.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Can not fault . Had read a couple of reviews that said food was great but service let it down . Well not tonight could not fault it . Great service and beautiful food . The place was packed when we got there. Could not fault the food . We had a share platter son had satay sticks n friend had mushroom stalks I think they called them .all yummy . Red curry duck, fried seafood something , green chicken curry, chilli prawns pad Thai chicken . All absolutely delicious. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone .