Open today: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm

from USD 285.48
from USD 343.29
from USD 867.27
More Info
All reviews dreaming tour litchfield national park red centre florence falls our tour guide aboriginal culture kings canyon top end wangi falls bbq lunch mary river termite mounds kata tjuta jim jim falls permanent tents sleeping bag great cook
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I booked the 10 day Darwin to Alice Springs tour. My guides Rowdy, Simon and Nat were amazing - cheerful, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, funny and helpful. The tour itself is very comprehensive and allowed me to immerse myself in the Australian Aboriginal culture and outback. I was able to do and experience things I would never have done normally - with the many hikes, climbs, swims and sleeping under the stars. I am a city girl and have never slept in a tent or a sleeping bag in my life. I'd never thought I'd enjoy sleeping outdoors in a swag, but it became one of the highlights of my trip.

The buses were not perfect (one too cold, one very old, one a bit warm) but acceptable to me. Food was good - lunch was usually sandwiches or wraps, and cooked dinners, with iced drinking water always available. The guides also would have fruit or snacks for us. It was certainly a good trip.

The only downside that I want to point out is the behind-the-scenes logistics.
First, the day before I started the tour, I called the company to confirm the pick up and, after being put on hold for an extremely long time, was told that one leg of the tour was overbooked and they had to shift me to a group that departed a day later, consequently eating into an extra day I had arranged for myself at the end of the tour. I agreed, since I didn't feel I had a choice (I didn't want to be left stranded), and had to scramble to cancel the plans I had made for that extra day. That was very inconvenient. To be fair, the company gave me an upgrade on that changed leg of the tour and did what they could on their end to make things easier. However, it would have been best not to have had to change at all or to give more notice (say a week, rather than the night before).

Second, fees for the national parks. I paid the guide in cash at the start of the tour, but throughout the 10 days, I kept getting asked by other guides to pay the fees, as their paperwork did not reflect my payment. That was also a little annoying, though, luckily, the guides did not insist that I pay again.

Overall though, I thoroughly enjoyed myself on the trip. I would recommend it to people who have a moderate level of fitness, as there is a lot of physical activity.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We were hesitant at first, since it must have been 39 years ago we went on a group tour. Due to little time for a visit to Darwin and NT, we booked a Wayoutback 3 days Kakadu and Arnhem Land tour with an other company.
The Kakadu experience was perfect. Wayoutback did bring us to the most beautifull spots and the multitasting guide/driver/cook/host/guru Mr Stevo was the best tour guide I ever met. Delicious food for body and mind, Thanks a lot!

1  Thank MaxM655
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Our compliments to our guide, Jowel. He was the driver, cook, guide, historian and cleanup crew. He is a hard worker, direct, informative and loves to share local history and current affairs. We were on the 4 day, 3 night outback camping and hiking tour. Our bus was a 16 passenger Izuzu with a trailer for luggage and gear which was pretty crowded since our tour was the full 16. This is a great way to really experience the Australian Outback including Uluru Rock, King's Canyon and Glen Helen Canyon. But this excursion is not for the faint of heart. In 4 days we hiked over 20km and rode over 1000km. We had 5am wakeup calls and ended the day between 6-8pm at basic tent camping sites with campfire food -- no tent electricity or WiFi. But our favorite was the campsite owned by Wayoutback which was in the back of a pasture where we could see all the southern stars. But with lots of water and lots of encouragement by Jowel, this 60 something couple completed the hikes and we totally enjoyed every minute.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

If you are a backpacker this trip is for you. If you are expecting good food, clean cutlery, beverages other than water and a napkin this tour isn't for you. We didn't get much personalized attention from our guides (like other tours we've done). Our guide was more of a bus driver with a little bit of Kakadu knowledge. Our meals were processed sandwich meat or cereal. Suppers weren't bad. There were no coffee or juice cups, so we drank out of reusable plastic wine cups, which there weren't enough to go around or melted from the hot water. We did hit most of the highlights on the itinerary, except twin falls. You should bring your own coffee mug, juice cup and towel (which we didn't). A flashlight is also a must as you are camping in an RV park and have to walk to the washrooms. These are non powered sites, so any electronics will have to tag team for the one free plug outlet. A power bar would have been nice. The driver could have had a microphone kit to talk to us about the landscape during the long drives. A detailed morning brief would have been nice with times at each highlight. Our guide didn't always stay with the group. He was better when you asked him a question one on one. A better more detailed itinerary from the company would be nice. I think since all the places we stayed have nice restaurants they could build in nicer meals. The parks were stunning. Our highlight was the yellow water tour which was included in our package.

We stayed in the air conditioned accommodation which was good by RV park standards. We also had our own bathroom. This meant we had to walk across the RV park to our tours campsite to eat. We ended our tour with being dropped off at the wrong hotel (next door).

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I just returned from our 2 week Larapinta end to end trekking Safari.
I can't tell you enough how much we enjoyed this trip and the trecking. Yes ,at times we had to get out of our swags or tents way too early but it was worth it every time.We saw majestic views or amazing gorges.Our camps were away from EVERYTHING ..in dry riverbeds or later with the choice of bigger tents. The food these two super guides (Tim and Jowel) prepared was sensational ..every night was a feast ,we could never fit anymore in.They were totally in tune with nature and the indigenous culture so we got to learn heaps from them.Both guides were so inspiring. Nothing was too much to ask they were trying to make our experience really count.The trekking is reasonable demanding..so it helps to be fit. However, nothing beats to sit around the campfire at night and to relieve the adventure.