All reviews golf club golf course small kitchenette self contained cooking facilities swimming pool air con town centre within walking distance free wifi bbq area stayed here for nights place to stay quiet location beds were comfortable great pool staff were helpful
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed three nights between Ghan trip and Kings Canyon pleasant enough free standing unit we were close to pool. Staff we dealt with were helpful close to golf course and casino which both offer reasonable priced meals. We ate at both.I would stay again if in the area. Don’t expect 5 star it’s probably about 3 star nothing wrong with that.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter O
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at the Desert Palms resort in Alice Springs,Very comfortable rooms and great swimming pool.
Plenty of parking for vehicles and caravans.Only down side there is no restaurant, although there are eating facilities nearby.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paddy1912
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I thought that for what we paid (around $120 night through booking.com) the facilities were generally very good. We stayed on 2 separate occasions "book-ending" our journey, and experienced 3 different villas. On the first visit, the unit was lovely and clean, with good amenities (at the back though, so no nice view at all..but as we were only in overnight, it didnt really matter) Its a good sized room, whith a queen, a single, small kitchenette, extension dining table, private deck with outdoor setting. Great water pressure in the showers. basic toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities. Pool is lovely and clean-unheated though, so is cold when there is no sun around. Staff are helpful and friendly.
However, on my second visit, there were a few issues. It was a late-ish (9pm) arrival, and the security gates were all locked up. After about 15 minutes, in the dark, out on the road, pressing the after hours intercom, which did not appear to work, the night manager finally let me in, having "happened to look up and notice me on the security cameras". Apparently I was sent a text earlier that day, with the after hours codes and instructions on how to gain access. Unfortunately because we were out of phone range all day, it never came through...until around midnight after my arrival! So if you will have a late arrival, I suggest contacting them early on, and getting this information...on the day of arrival is much too late. That is something I would expect with my booking confirmation. Anyway, once i finally was in my villa, and showered, i tried to boil the kettle to make a cuppa....and lost all power. You cannot call anyone after hours from your unit, so I had to get dressed again, go across to reception, ring the nightbell, and get the manager out again. After approximately half an hour of trying different things, still no power, so i was moved to another unit. #167 or 176...it was very late by now, so am not really sure. This unit was decidedly shabby , unlike the other 2. Noisy, older air conditioner, bathroom hooks broken off, toilet difficult to flush, obvious signs of water damage to the kitchen bench, and for the life of me i could not find the switch to turn off my verandah light, and the curtains just did not completely close. And the ice tray in the freezer was completely empty!!
They are very strict on checkout time..I received a phone call at 10.20am, asking when I was leaving, as checkout was 10am. And if you want to utilize the shuttle bus to the airport, you need to book 24 hours in advance, which I was unaware of. Its worth doing, as the shuttle is $16, whereas a 10 minute taxi ride cost me $39.
I would definitely stay here again, because even though there were some issues, overall the amenities are good, the staff were helpful, and next time I would be more prepared.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We booked in advance for three night what a shock when we opened the door the room was full of beds no table chairs only two stools not comfortable. To sit and have a meal or watch tv we brought in two plastic chairs from the deck and put them between the beds used the beds for a table bathroom a let down I slipped in the shower so was very uneasy with it.
Not sure how often the floor is cleaned but at the end of the bed foot there was dirt and looked like crushed chips for what we paid thought we were ripped off.

Room tip: Nothing to report
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

After a week of cabins and tents, this place was a great way to end our trip to the centre. I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms, which are actually free standing buildings. With high pitched roofs they are spacious, clean and really comfortable. My only concern was the double locks and the razor wire on the fence across from our room!

The beds were comfortable but the location of the air conditioning unit directly above the bed meant we had had to turn off the air con during the night.

The resort has a great pool and sells beer, wine and snacks at reception. Speaking of reception, I have to say that all the staff I dealt with were very friendly and couldn’t have been more helpful. The other thing I would recommend is to go out the back of the resort and have diner at the golf club which was fantastic value and a great place to eat.

I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple