Stayed here for two nights in October as part of a month long trip to Australia and New Zealand. Unfortunately all of the semi-nice looking properties in town looked to be booked even 4 months in advance. This property used to be a Novotel but I honestly can't see how - it's probably not the worst hotel I've stayed in but it's one of them.
The photos on the website are actually pretty accurate but the rooms feel grubby all over - the curtains , carpet and especially the bathroom / bath are dirty. I certainly didn't feel clean or that the room provided ample protection from the elements outside. It had a rather strange smell in the room which stayed even once the AC was switched on (only stays on whilst a strange piece of white plastic on the key is inserted into the wall).
We didn't try the pool area or the restaurant but the restaurant looked dead and so did the pool area. Getting to the rooms is outdoors on paving stones. The hotel is located out of town and is a ten minute taxi journey away. It's just accross the road from the casino though if you need to escape from the hotel. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again - the staff were reasonable and it did include free transfers to the airport which were excellent but I was glad to leave.
While in Alice we visited the casino (Lassiters) just accross the road and if their rooms are even half as nice as the rest of the building I would stay there in a heartbeat as it's miles better. Unfortunately though it was fully booked on our dates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled against the magnificent MacDonnell Ranges, experience the rugged beauty of the Australian Outback while close to shopping and sightseeing. This beautiful landscaped property offers good sized, comfortable accommodation, resort style swimming pool and onsite dining at our signature restaurant. With 120 rooms we offer a range of accommodation including disabled rooms, family rooms, bunk rooms and interconnecting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, HostelWorld, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alice in the Territory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alice In The Territory Hotel Alice Springs
- Comfort Inn Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Comfort Inn
- Alice In The Territory Alice Springs, Northern Territory