“very informative”

USD 85.42*
and up
Alice Springs Highlights Half-Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alice Springs Reptile Centre is a privately owned park which displays an extensive range of reptiles from the Northern Territory of Australia including Terry the Saltwater crocodile and large Perentie Goannas. The talk and handling sessions are a must and are at 11am, 1pm and 3.30Pm daily.
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Came here on tour - very interesting talk by guide focusing our attention on first aid if we ever got bitten by a local snake - completely different to fist aid actions as home so will keep that in mind. All reptiles appeared to be content and enjoyed getting handled - none stressed out. Great friendly, informative and knowledgeable staff. Well worth a visit

There are newer reviews for Alice Springs Reptile Centre

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I am fascinated by snakes but they are one of only a couple of phobias I have.

This facility is small, but well worth the visit.
It is well laid out and the staff are friendly and very informative.

My wife has no real far of snakes - but knows I do.
So when the olive python was being held by a young girl, my wife challenged me!!! It wasn't too bad until the snake decided it wanted to move in for "a kiss". Then I was scared - but managed to hold it together long enough for the snake to be removed.

The facility not only had most of the top venomous indigenous snakes, it had a salt water croc, lizards and other reptiles and amphibians.

Before we left the lady who placed the snake on me gave us an insight into the wider work they do at the facility. All the handlers are on rota to remove snakes from homes and other places. After recent rain there had been a surge in the number of call outs. It was very fascinating so I will leave you to find out more if you are interested.
Well worth the entry fee.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We went in partly to escape the rain, and we're very glad we did. It is not very big but has lots of interesting reptiles. The staff were very friendly and gave us some really good information

Reviewed 23 February 2017

The Reptile Centre is not an extensive property but does house some good displays of the snakes & lizards found in the Northern Territory. Our visit coincided with a presentation by one of the staff, Christal, on the local "wildlife" which was very informative and proactive giving the audience a chance to actually handle lizards and a python.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Informative experts do a show and tell with snakes, lizards and crocs. Learn what to do, and not to do, in the outback. Very good croc demonstration.