Review Highlights
Absolutely excellent

As a Territorian I’ve seen heaps of Kangaroos, but this tour was excellent. Brolga had lots of... read more

Reviewed 20 March 2024
Rhiannon K
via mobile
Just go you won’t tegret it

The best outback original experience you can imagine. Chris goes out of his way to make this a... read more

Reviewed 15 March 2024
DirckZadeh
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Alice Springs
from AU$355.21
from AU$90.00
from AU$352.25
from AU$39.50
More Info
All reviews baby kangaroo pillow cases his passion highlight of our trip the bus natural environment roger joeys roos orphans rescued cuddle rescuing release mob alice series
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2019 via mobile

An amazing moment... We spent more than 2 hours in the sanctuary. It was the best experience I had in Australia... holding baby kangaroos was amazing. Chris is doing an amazing, amazing job with these beautiful animals. I’m leaving in another part of the world and I’m so glad to know that someone in Australia is looking after kangaroos so well. He knows a lot about them, every little stories he tells is really interesting and he taught me things about kangaroos. I really fancy being a carer for kangaroos now! Thank you so much for giving love to the these beautiful animals Chris - Franck - France

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank InnerSmile2
Brolga-and-Tahnee, Owner at The Kangaroo Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Thank you so much for visiting Franck and for your kind review

We are so happy you enjoyed our Sanctuary and kangaroos so much!

And we hope you can become a kangaroo carer one day!

Enjoy your travels.

Brolga and Tahnee

Reviewed 8 February 2019

A little expensive, but hey that’s the Northern Territory for you! Very cute to see the sanctuary and the good work going on here.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 29 January 2019

Visiting the Kangaroo Sanctuary in Alice Springs was truly a remarkable experience. If you're able to visit Alice Springs, I'd highly recommend planning a trip to the Kangaroo Sanctuary. [I personally planned a weekend trip to Alice Springs from Perth just to visit the Sanctuary - and I'm so glad I did!]

I am from the USA and had seen Roger in memes - so when I temporarily relocated to Australia for work, I looked into visiting Roger at his home. I researched the Kangaroo Sanctuary and was really impressed by Brolga's dedication to rescuing and caring for kangaroos in need of help, so I decided to make the trip to Alice Springs. From the moment the trip began, it was very obvious that with Brolga, it really is all about the kangaroos.

Seeing Roger and the rest of Brolga's special kangaroos in such a natural setting was unbelievable. While Roger has sadly passed, there are so many other wonderful kangaroos at the Sanctuary to adore as well. I love following the Kangaroo Sanctuary's Facebook and Instagram for updates on all the kangaroos. :)

Date of experience: October 2018
Brolga-and-Tahnee, Owner at The Kangaroo Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad you travelled from Perth just to see our Sanctuary. And we are so happy you got to meet Roger.

And also thank you for following our Facebook and Instagram pages.

Take care

Brolga & Tahnee

Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

We actually planned on going to Alice Springs specifically so we could check out the Kangeroo Sanctuary. We booked the tour for 2 and it cost us about 190 AUD which included coach pickup. We dutifully waited outside our hotel on the day of and were maybe the 3rd of 8 or so pick ups. Unfortunately, the day we went just happened to be the day of a torrential thunderstorm which didn't rear its ugly head until about the time we reached the sanctuary. So we went inside the original sanctuary which was the tin shed that Brolga lives in in the TV show where he spoke at length about the sanctuary. We thought that perhaps the clouds and rain would break but it never did. Brolga didn't think it was a good idea to walk the grounds in the downpour and everybody agreed with this sound decision so we spent about an hour inside. Nonetheless, Brolga brought out some roo babies for all to see and hold. The kangeroos babies were so cute and adorable. Everyone got a chance to hold them and take pictures. Brolga made the magnanimous offer of refunding everybody their money if they contacted the office. We did not do so since the tour price helps him take care of all the kangeroos (he's even managed to build a kangeroo hospital on the grounds with the admission fees). Even though we didn't walk the sanctuary, Brolga still spent time with us to explain what he does and talk about the kangeroos, let us all have ample time to take pics with the roo babies and to hold them and made the super generous offer to refund everyone their money. For that, I have nothing but respect for the man and the Kangeroo Sanctuary is a 5 in my book.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank StephenN1694
Brolga-and-Tahnee, Owner at The Kangaroo Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to our Sanctuary, even though there was an unusual storm!

Thank you so much for your kind message and for coming to visit us.

Take care and happy travels.

Brolga and Tahnee

Reviewed 4 January 2019

Our 5 week trip to Oz and 5 days in Alice Springs was arranged solely around being able to visit the sanctuary before it closed for the roos annual holiday. We went twice and Tahnee kindly released dates so I could book so far in advance. We met many of the kangaroos including the two little joeys, Rui and Zen Zen. We saw more of the roos on our second visit but it’s pot luck as to how many you’ll see close up as Chris lets them do their own thing.
Everyone was asking about Roger and could they see him. Chris explained Roger was an old man and suffering from various ailments and not really up to meeting visitors. During our second visit we told Chris we’d lost our little elderly red Staffy the day before and he said he didn’t think Roger would last too much longer. Sadly, the following day there was a Facebook post saying Roger had passed away. There are many of Roger’s offspring to meet even if Roger, the infamous bucket bender, is now there only in spirit. How Chris remembers all the roos names is incredible and touching. He could easily sit at home and employ someone to do the evening tours but he is so passionate about spreading the word on rescuing joeys and talking about his gang, I don’t see that ever happening, the roos are his life.

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank gemini24
Brolga-and-Tahnee, Owner at The Kangaroo Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2019

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit so much and that you got to meet our darling babies Rui and Zen Zen (thank you for remembering their names!).

We both had sad losses that week of our beloved old ones. We can cherish their memories.

Take care and thank you for visiting

Brolga & Tahnee