Open today: Closed
More Information

Ways to Experience Pyndan Camel Tracks
from USD 61.25
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Promt pick up at the motel and a short ride out to the camel farm. We took the option of the twilight ride and it was well worth it. The camels have an easy gait and quite comfortable to ride for the 1 hour excursion. Camel trainer/van driver was very helpful and answered questions readily. The complimentary beer at the end of the ride was an added bonus. Would definately reccommend this for anyone visiting the Alice Springs area.

Pyndan, Front Office Manager at Pyndan Camel Tracks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thanks Neil for recommending our sunset tour to Alice Springs visitors. Great to hear that you heard lots of information and appreciate your comments. Cheers.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Camel ride was an experience which I have never had before. Kat was confident and gentle with the animals. There seemed to be no shade for the camels and yet we only had a 40 minute ride because it was said that it was too hot for them. I thought they were suppose to be animals who could travel in heat with relatively no trouble. I feel that the ride was not worth $60.00.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and to complement Kat on her cameleering capabilities. I hope you enjoyed the additional refresments and bush tucker canapes. We are most concerned about safety, for both our visitors and our animals. We don't want our visitors almost fainting in the heat of the desert after they've got off an air conditioned train...that has happened and Kat was looking after the safety of your group. Camels, as you say, are used to being in the heat!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I had a great time riding my first camel (his name was Cookie). I did the sunset tour which was gorgeous. Just try to wear a bug net as the flies are relentless in Alice Springs!

Date of experience: April 2018

Thanks Kitajenn, we'll pass on your kind words to Cookie. I think he is one of my favourite! Lovely to hear that the sunset was spectacular on your tour. During the hotter seasons the flies can be annoying. We'd love to tell them to get lost too!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Had a wonderful experience riding camels in Alice Springs at the Pyndan Camel Tracks. Never thought I'd be riding camels - my camel was named Saleh Mohammed and he was very gentle. Our Cameleer, Kat, looked after us very well, and we had refreshments after our ride which was most unexpected Definitely recommend if you are looking for something different to do

Date of experience: December 2017
Pyndan, Front Office Manager at Pyndan Camel Tracks, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks so much Jaybee for your support review. Sales is a very special member of our team and well loved by all. Glad you enjoyed our sunset refreshments!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The other day my sister and I had an amazing experience riding a Camel named Dock. We were lucky enough to see a thorny devil along with the amazing sites. Because this was our first time riding a camel, we were a bit nervous but when we got on dock we knew we were in good hands, and it turns out it is easy to ride a camel. We had a great time and we are so glad we had the opportunity to ride dock and we took it. We definitely recommend this fun experience to any kids going to Alice Springs.

Date of experience: April 2018

Kids, so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your ride on Dock. Isn't he a sweetheart! How special to see a thorny devil! Many thanks.