“aaaahhhh” 5 of 5 bubbles

Guillaume at Bennelong
Price range: USD 0 - USD 872
Cuisines: French, Australian
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
“aaaahhhh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

the only thing that could make this experince any better (and believe me it is anniversay worthy good) would be if the hunkily handsome chef came and sat on your lap and fed you dessert...but then perhaps that's not ideal for anniversaries...

Jersey
“Dreadful Meal. Overpriced. Bitterly Disappointed. Dont Go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I booked this restaurant many months in advance as a special treat for my partner who was arriving in Sydney from the UK that day. We specifically requested a table overlooking the bridge. When we arrived all the blinds were down, there were no views and we could have been anywhere. I asked if they could just raise the blind near our table as we did not mind the sunshine but this they would not do. We had booked a pre theatre meal and were told we had to leave our table by 7.45pm.When we arrived at the restaurant we were not offered the pre theatre meal that we had booked but a la carte, though we were still told we had to vacate the restaurant by 7.45. The meal was dreadful. I complained about my first course and had to send my main course back. My main course (salmon) was slimy and sticky, even though I sent it back once; they returned it in the same condition. I was unable to eat it and left most of it. Within half an hour of leaving the restaurant I had severe stomach cramps and spent the entire night in the bathroom with food poisoning. I have complained to the restaurant and asked for my money back but they have refused to do this. They have said I could return for another pre theatre meal but that is a little difficult as I live in the UK, as they know, and I would not risk it anyway.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Jerseybean07
Sydney, Australia
“Great meal and the view get's no better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Went to a show at the Opera House and decided to treat ourselves to Guillaume beforehand. Luckily we had a perfect night and the view was sensational. The service was excellent and very efficient. They have a 3 course pre-theatre menu for 78 dollars which seemed pretty good considering the restaurant quality. The menu had a fair selection of choices for each course so there would be something for everyone. I had prawn ravioli, beef tenderloin and creme bluee. All dishes were lovely and the serving size adequate. I must also recommend the lychee martini's. We ended up having 2 of them prior to dinner and could have continued on all night.

• Visited December 2011
“Class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a classy restaurant, at a classy location, serving classy food.

Melbourne, Australia
“perfect dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great service, food and wine. Perfect views back towards Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay..

Visited January 2012