“Not so good”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 14
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Walked all the way from Ultimo to Surry Hills as i was craving for a Pain au Chocolat (bakery was average when i compared from the one i was having before). I was also very disappointed by the coffee. It tasted as if i was drinking hot milk.
Overall, it wasnt worth to walk all the way to get crap food & drink!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The hubby and I were trying to find a bakery (a real bakery! none of the gluten and vegan stuff) that has Aussie pies and found this place by means of the beauty of the internet.

Situated in Surry Hills this small bakery packed with a lot of character and a lot of yummy pastries, bread, and Aussie pies!

My husband ordered the brisket something rather with red wine Aussie pie and I had the beef pie. Where do I begin? It was warm. It was gorgeous and perfect! The smell... oh it smelled good! Perfect amount of gravy, tender beef and some veggies... if that’s your thing.

We fell in love with this place! Couldn’t stip talking and reminiscing about the beautiful breakfast we had. Sad that this is out last day in Sydney!

You must endeavour to come here and experience Bourke Street Bakery. You will not be disappointed!

PS - we bought a beef pie and tarts to go! We had to... we won’t be back for at least another few years!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The pies were so delicious. And excellent coffee too. Nice place to have a coffee or snack with tables on the street.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We called in here (after researching on TA) to get some yummy cakes to take back to our Hotel. I don't know whether we got them on a bad day, but there wasn't much of a choice by 3pm on a Tuesday. We purchased a slice of what I think was mud cake and some sort of tart. Both were nothing special. We expected a LOT more considering people were queued out the door the day we were there. Maybe it's their coffee and bread that's great but certainly not the cakes.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice breads and coffer with the longest queue on the street you can imagine. If you want to seat, arrive early.