“Nice sausgae roll but ruined by the rude service”

Bourke Street Bakery
Ranked #2 of 98 Bakeries in Sydney
Price range: USD 5 - USD 14
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I went to the North Sydney outlet of this bakery. The sausage roll was very good but I left very disappointed and deflated by the service which I felt was very rude. It was the worst service I feel that I have encountered in a cafe for many years. I will not be returning to this cafe due to its service.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (483)

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Not sure if I've had my expectations hyped up so much.. the tarts were good, but not that good? (if you get what I mean). But yes, come early and beat the crowd!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Boyfriend suggested this place as i was the one who always did it. He said we must try the ginger creme brulee tart recommended by the other patrons. Ended up we had an almond croissant, a lemon tart and of course the ginger creme brulee tart. When I first bite on it, the caramelized sugar was cracked and the next thing filled in my mouth was the yummy creme brulee. It was really delicious and I had not had tried anything like this before. We enjoyed a very good breakfast at here. Keep it up!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We came here for breakfast and had the pies, sausage rolls and took away some pastries too. Love everything. Excellent service by this lovely lady too who also came out of the shop to help us take a picture. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

i know no one wants to work on a Saturday morning but the staff at th Potts Point branch made you feel like it was there fault. and then they forget to bring your coffee and treat you like you are teh one who is dimwitted.
Skip this place much better coffee and snacks nearby