“Superb bakery, friendly attendants”

Bourke Street Bakery
Ranked #2 of 110 Bakeries in Sydney
Price range: AU$7 - AU$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I found out BOURKE STREET BAKERY in the Official Sydney Guide. The first time I went there I was “suspicious”. It was after 5 PM, and I wanted to have some appetizer before my dinner, three hours later. My choice was the “Lamb, Almond and Harissa Sausage Roll”, but there wasn’t any one. The attendant offered me the pork roll and, as compensation, gave me for free another one. The next Saturday, I went there to have lunch. The bakery is small and was crowded that Saturday. But this time I could have my lamb roll: it was really delicious. That weekend was cold, so I ordered also a dark chocolate tart and a hot chocolate. The food was superb and the attendants were extremely kind. Thanks to the Sydney Guide writer.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I love the coffee I love the food I love the line up, I wish they where open a bit Longer on weekends . The venue is tiny but It works somehow, love the "pork and fennel sausage" Rolls and the pistachio brûlée omg yummy.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

be sure to get there early as most of their signature pastries are sold out pretty early!

they have several outlets and are open at 7am.

top 3 items on the menu:
1) Ginger Brulee Tart
2) Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll
3) Carrot Cake

We headed down to Surry Hills in the evening and all 3 items were sold out. The store owner offered us the Beef Brisket pie and though we were a little apprehensive initially, we were glad to have taken the risk.

Wanting to satisfy our cravings after reading rave reviews about the 3 items, we headed down to the Potts Point outlet at 7am to avoid being disappointed again.

Ginger Brulee Tart - an unique combination with a strong ginger flavor (not overwhelming).
Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll - nothing special
Carrot Cake - smooth texture

my own list (in order):
1) Beef Brisket Pie
2) Ginger Brulee Tart
3) Carrot Cake
4) Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll

love the outdoor seats & environment

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Great fast paste cafe.
Sausage rolls are to die for and they also have great coffee.
Have been getting takeaway for some years now and eats great.
Ways leave with a sourdough and a few pastries for afternoon tea.
Thank you will continue to keep coming back

Reviewed 11 July 2013

It's very hard to choose what to have at this place!! And you can't eat it all because you'd soon gain weight! Cute little place with lots of goodies, it's a definite must visit.... even just for the people watching!

Date of visit: June 2013